PDA

View Full Version : In '06, Ben swallowed up in Black Hole

polamalubeast
09-19-2012, 09:25 PM
PITTSBURGH – Ben Roethlisberger hardly remembers his worst game.

It happened six years ago when the Steelers made their last visit to Oakland. It’s a game Roethlisberger would not have played if the NFL’s current policies for concussions were in place in 2006.

In the seventh game of the ’06 season, the Steelers lost to the Raiders 20-13. Even though the Steelers had a massive 390-98 edge in total yards, they lost because their quarterback threw a career-high four interceptions, including two returned for touchdowns.

The play of the game was a pick-six thrown by Roethlisberger in the fourth quarter that was returned 100 yards for a touchdown by cornerback Chris Carr.

“I remember throwing something like 6 or 7 picks and it being a crazy, hostile place. That’s about it,” Roethlisberger said Wednesday when asked about that game.

Roethlisberger's memory was off on his interception count in that '06 game in Oakland. Then again, he didn't even remember that he was playing just one week after suffering a concussion in Atlanta.

When asked yesterday if he felt “fuzzy” in his last trip to Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Roethlisberger said “I don’t remember. It was so long ago. I forgot that I even had a concussion.”

In the days leading up to the game in Oakland, Roethlisberger’s status was a hot topic throughout the NFL. After all, the Steelers were the reigning Super Bowl champs and Roethlisberger had been involved in a near-fatal motorcycle accident in June of '06. “If I get cleared, I will beg and plead to be out there,” Roethlisberger said a few days before the game

read more

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/in-ben-swallowed-up-in-black-hole/article_82e7dd9a-37f8-53b2-b967-36b614b428e1.html

siss
09-20-2012, 12:08 AM
I was at that game...it was as bad as it sounds!