PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed: "I Should Not Play (At All) This Year"

SteelerEmpire
07-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Not only is Ravens FS Ed Reed's hip in bad shape -- he says he'll be on the PUP list when training camp starts -- his feelings are also hurt.

"I haven't had the support from the other side as you think has been there," Reed said while attending a youth football camp in Maryland. "If I don't say it now, it won't ever get said. ... It's like a marriage. There are going to be disagreements.

"You got to work with that person. Not easily broken, man. When it starts to get too much, you got to pull back: 'Is it worth it? Or should I take a pay cut and be on another team?' ... It's not any bad stuff or ill will toward the Ravens."

Reed's request for a new contract last season has been rebuffed to date.

"I'm not going to get into the things I've been through unless it continues," the four-time first-team all-pro and 2004 NFL defensive MVP said. "Then, I'm going to put it out there. It's something that will be discussed as a business, as a partner with the Ravens. We got to work together."

Reed has three years remaining on his current deal, and his base salary each of the next years will average more than $6.5 million.

"The word I got was, 'We're comfortable with where we're at,'" Reed said. "Yes, you would be comfortable with the plays that I'm making on the field and paying me what you're paying me. ... There are six, seven players in front of me at my position (contract values) that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one."

Reed hopes his hip is ready for Week 1 but says the injury is so bad that "Honestly, I shouldn't even be playing this year."

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/Index

klick81
07-22-2010, 10:14 AM
What a fucking cry baby (regarding his contract). Look at me! Look at me! I'm better than them and they get paid more! You signed the dotted line, you numbfuck.

kmsteelerwr15
07-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Once again, I will NEVER feel sorry for any of these guys and their problems with their contracts.

Dino 6 Rings
07-22-2010, 11:36 AM
I look forward to NOT SEEING Him on the Ravens this season. That'll be fun. No more talk during the game from the announcers about which team has the better Safety.

smokin3000gt
07-22-2010, 12:22 PM
"I can hardly play, my hip is all messed up but I want more money damn it!!!"

MasterOfPuppets
07-22-2010, 01:02 PM
that's the spirit ed...hold out baby !!! only chumps work for 6 mill a year.

Killer
07-22-2010, 01:11 PM
yeah

Sit out the year Ed.

That'll show em

CantStop85
07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah, the Ravens should definitely be the favorites in the AFC North.

steeldevil
07-22-2010, 01:54 PM
You are right Ed, sit out for your health. The Rats will be fine without you...:whoo:

SteelerEmpire
07-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Maybe the hits Hines Ward put on him over the years are finally catching up with him in his old age...

steelerdude15
07-22-2010, 02:03 PM
It is the right thing to do in all honestly. It would be better for him to sit out so he could play even more after this year.

Psycho Ward 86
07-22-2010, 03:31 PM
"The word I got was, 'We're comfortable with where we're at,'" Reed said. "Yes, you would be comfortable with the plays that I'm making on the field and paying me what you're paying me. ... There are six, seven players in front of me at my position (contract values) that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one."

Classless

Psycho Ward 86
07-22-2010, 03:32 PM
It is the right thing to do in all honestly. It would be better for him to sit out so he could play even more after this year.

lol, why dont you read the article first...

tony hipchest
07-22-2010, 04:45 PM
when ed signed his deal he was made the highest paid safety in the league. when troy signed his deal he took a hometown discount and became the 2nd highest paid behind ed (he was rewarded with his 2nd superbowl ring in a hall of fame career).

i wonder what troys thoughts are on the dismal salary he is earning this year?

oh, thats right. polamalu actually knows how to speak english and can easilly earn $15,000,000/year in endorsements if thats what he wanted.

stillers4me
07-22-2010, 05:09 PM
when ed signed his deal he was made the highest paid safety in the league. when troy signed his deal he took a hometown discount and became the 2nd highest paid behind ed (he was rewarded with his 2nd superbowl ring in a hall of fame career).

i wonder what troys thoughts are on the dismal salary he is earning this year?

oh, thats right. polamalu actually knows how to speak english and can easilly earn $15,000,000/year in endorsements if thats what he wanted.

And then he'd give it all away.

steelerdude15
07-22-2010, 05:20 PM
lol, why dont you read the article first...
I did.

NJarhead
07-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Seems like just yesterday that he was praising his new contract with the Ravens.

"It's like a blessing in da sky!" - Ed Reed.

MasterOfPuppets
07-23-2010, 10:18 AM
i wonder if ed has a facebook account ... this fire needs some gas thrown on it.

ya gots to feed your family ed !!! its time to get paid

hotrodder07
07-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Oh, poor Ed. Earning only six million dollars a year for playing a game. Not to mention that me says he shouldn't even play this year because of the injury. What he said about the other players who are payed higher than him is just classless too.

I hope he doesn't even take the field this year. Hold out, Ed!

JonM229
07-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Time to start looking for a new safety. Ed Reed was the best player to ever be on the Ravens, but this is making me sick.

Butch
07-23-2010, 02:33 PM
You know he really shouldn't play, I mean how many more times can he take a huge hit by Harrison followed up by Hines after a manicure??? Stay down Ed stay down.

steel striker
07-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I hear you but, the so called experts have the ravens in the super bowl this year it really cracks me up. Talk is cheap.

BigNastyDefense
07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Another athlete that doesn't even know how lucky he is to make millions a year playing a game; while hard working people making jack shit pay their money for his jersey, tickets to see him play, NFL Sunday Ticket if they don't live close to Baltimore to see him play on free TV. I hope he never plays another game again.

Devilsdancefloor
07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
he doesnt wear a jock.. sounds like some one needs to give him a cup check at the bottom of a pile :P.

Well he sees the end and wants all the money he can get. hell he was thinking about retiring.

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 05:29 PM
he doesnt wear a jock.. sounds like some one needs to give him a cup check at the bottom of a pile :P.

Well he sees the end and wants all the money he can get. hell he was thinking about retiring.

Maybe he's got nothing to support? :noidea:

Crow-Magnon
07-24-2010, 02:56 PM
I love Reed's play on the field. But Ed, Ed....Ed....no GM worth a hoot is going to offer a contract extension to a safety who's just had surgery and may not play again this year....or ever.

So Ed, from a Ravens fan, stfu and let Ravens fans remember you for your play and not your whining about contracts.

MasterOfPuppets
07-24-2010, 03:12 PM
3 years ago reed was happy as pig wallowing in shit when he became the highest paid safety.... now he's gonna whine because in his mind, lesser players are making more ? he's 3 years older , a step slower , injured... and he thinks he's outplayed his contract ?

The deal makes Reed one of the highest-paid safeties in the NFL. Reed's agent, Greg Genske, said his client will receive a $15 million signing bonus in the largest deal ever given to a safety.

"It's one less thing for him to worry about," general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "He knows he is going to be here for the long-term now, and it part of the plans in the big picture, and he can devote his energies now to football matters and to being the playmaker he has always been for us."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2502163

ALLD
07-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Only a complete fool complains publicly about making $6.5 million in annual salary. He doesn't work a full year either!

tony hipchest
07-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Ed Reed should change his name to Ed Greed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

Indo
07-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Who wants to take this bet?:

When the Ravens let him go, some numbfuck (I love that word, klick81!) here will start a thread about how the Steelers should pick him up----"Can you just imagine Troy and Ed in the same backfield?!!!!"
I can hear it now...:crazy:

Psycho Ward 86
07-25-2010, 01:54 PM

When the Ravens let him go, some numbfuck (I love that word, klick81!) here will start a thread about how the Steelers should pick him up----"Can you just imagine Troy and Ed in the same backfield?!!!!"

:jawdrop2: I sure can :)

steelerdude15
07-25-2010, 01:57 PM

O God, please don't say that. :lol:

st33lersguy
07-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Wow, hurt your team when they acquired Anquan Boldin and are thinking Super Bowl because you 3 years left on your deal. Nice for you to show your ego