PDA

View Full Version : LaMarr Woodley to appear on 'South Park'

polamalubeast
09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley is going down to South Park, going to have himself a time. Well, you know how the theme song goes.

It seems from Woodley's Twitter account that he will appear on "South Park," the Comedy Central cartoon that is entering its 17th season. Either that, or he managed to get a cartoon likeness of himself with Kenny, Cartman, Stan and Kyle. You have to appreciate the Wolverine tattoo on his right arm. Nice touch.

There wasn't any indication of the plot line, but the Steelers lost to the Broncos in the playoffs last season and opened up the season in Denver this year. Several NFL players have appeared on South Park and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was mocked by the TV show in March 2010 after his off-the-field incident.

Woodley is the latest Steelers player to make headways into pop culture in recent years, from Hines Ward's turn in "Dancing With the Stars" to Troy Polamalu's shampoo commercials.

My hope is for Woodley to be joined by James Harrison in "South Park." Wouldn't it be appropriate if Harrison hit Kenny and was then fined by Roger Goodell?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/54788/lamarr-woodley-to-appear-on-south-park

suitanim
09-18-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm sure he'll be portrayed as fat, slow, overly paid and overrated player who can't play the run and only gets "Gildon-like sacks" (whatever the fuck that means)...

fansince'76
09-18-2012, 02:38 PM
That's still on? Do they still recycle the same 5 or 6 bathroom jokes over and over or have they gotten some new material?

bayz101
09-18-2012, 02:38 PM
And my respect for him just went up a notch.

bayz101
09-18-2012, 02:41 PM
That's still on? Do they still recycle the same 5 or 6 bathroom jokes over and over or have they gotten some new material?

You Bastard! :chuckle:

suitanim
09-18-2012, 02:55 PM

Yeah, it's still on...they only make like 12 episodes a year (at least it seems so). I still think it's funny.

bayz101
09-18-2012, 02:56 PM
South Park is hilarious. The ideas behind each episode is really amazing. It's not immature comedy, it's quite funny and intelligent in my opinion, actually. I certainly like it better than Family Guy's comedy ideas.

Randy06
09-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Ya same here, I don't like family guy at all.

fansince'76
09-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Ya same here, I don't like family guy at all.

That one jumped the shark several years back as well when MacFarlane started going overboard with the overtly political stuff. But I never found South Park all that funny.

salamander
09-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't care what anyone says. South Park and Family Guy are two of my favorite shows. I can't wait to see this episode of South Park!

zulater
09-18-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm a huge fan of South Park. Though admittedly it can be hit or miss at times. But when they're on, they're so on. In example the Tom Cruise in the closet (Scientology), Gay camp, Butters the Vampire, "I broke the dam" ( global warming) episode's are as brilliant, topical, and funny as anything made in any medium for years.

But then sometimes they have episodes that are just crude and largely unfunny. Though not many.

Godfather
09-18-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm a huge fan of South Park. Though admittedly it can be hit or miss at times. But when they're on, they're so on. In example the Tom Cruise in the closet (Scientology), Gay camp, Butters the Vampire, "I broke the dam" ( global warming) episode's are as brilliant, topical, and funny as anything made in any medium for years.

But then sometimes they have episodes that are just crude and largely unfunny. Though not many.

I agree. "Go God Go" was a good episode as well. They seem to do best when they're trying to make a point.

Family Guy is the opposite. McFarlane is too much of a hack to make his social/political commentary funny.

Edman
09-18-2012, 06:08 PM
I never saw the appeal of South Park even in it's early heyday. Even Family Guy in it's early seasons had some charm going for it, even if it's borderline unwatchable today. I don't watch any "Comedy" shows anymore.

oneforthetoe
09-18-2012, 06:30 PM

This.

The gay camp butters was hilarious.

The Big Ben episode was funny even if I wish it had not happened.

My favorite episode is the one they did after 9/11, when the boys head to Afghanistan. Somehow, they brilliantly managed to be patriotic and subversive at the time. The scene where Cartman holds up the magnifying glass up to Osama's groin. And the final scene, where in response to being asked if "the boys from Afghanistan had changed his mind about America," Stan/Kyle responds, "yea but America is the home team and if you can't root for the home team then you should get out."

Admittedly, the show is much more miss now, but no doubt some classic moments.

I agree Harrison would be better.

zulater
09-18-2012, 06:36 PM
This.

The gay camp butters was hilarious.

The Big Ben episode was funny even if I wish it had not happened.

My favorite episode is the one they did after 9/11, when the boys head to Afghanistan. Somehow, they brilliantly managed to be patriotic and subversive at the time. The scene where Cartman holds up the magnifying glass up to Osama's groin. And the final scene, where in response to being asked if "the boys from Afghanistan had changed his mind about America," Stan/Kyle responds, "yea but America is the home team and if you can't root for the home team then you should get out."

Admittedly, the show is much more miss now, but no doubt some classic moments.

I agree Harrison would be better.

Yeah there's always the fear that Woodley wont hustle. :heh:

oneforthetoe
09-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah there's always the fear that Woodley wont hustle. :heh:

Unless they just put a running back on him. ;) :)

Steeltreal
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
:poop:
I'm sure he'll be portrayed as fat, slow, overly paid and overrated player who can't play the run and only gets "Gildon-like sacks" (whatever the fuck that means)...
:poop: Woodley vs Mr Hankey

oneforthetoe
09-18-2012, 11:47 PM
:poop:
:poop: Woodley vs Mr Hankey

Or Paris Hilton.