PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu and James Harrison Will Miss Week 3 Game, Says Report

polamalubeast
09-18-2012, 02:16 PM
According to CBS's Dale Grdnic, Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (calf) and outside linebacker James Harrison (knee) will miss Sunday's Week 3 game at Oakland.

Harrison has missed both of the Steelers (1-1) games this season as he continues to recover from arthroscopic surgery he had on Aug. 15. He practiced prior to their Week 1 game at Denver, but said his knee swelled up, and he's been out ever since.

Polamalu missed Pittsburgh's Week 2 win with a calf injury he sustained against Denver.

Without them, the Steelers limited the Jets offensively, but allowed 4.1 yards a carry. The defense will again give Ryan Mundy the start - he started alongside Ryan Clark in Week 2, and replaced Clark in Week 1.

Judging by the play on the field, the Steelers may opt to start Jason Worilds in Harrison's place over Chris Carter. Worilds and Carter split snaps in Week 2, and Worilds - who missed all of the preseason with a wrist injury - was used sparingly in Week 1.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/18/3353358/steelers-injury-report-week-3-raiders-jets-troy-polamalu-james-harrison

Kornbread
09-18-2012, 02:59 PM
According to CBS's Dale Grdnic, Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (calf) and outside linebacker James Harrison (knee) will miss Sunday's Week 3 game at Oakland.

Harrison has missed both of the Steelers (1-1) games this season as he continues to recover from arthroscopic surgery he had on Aug. 15. He practiced prior to their Week 1 game at Denver, but said his knee swelled up, and he's been out ever since.

Polamalu missed Pittsburgh's Week 2 win with a calf injury he sustained against Denver.

Without them, the Steelers limited the Jets offensively, but allowed 4.1 yards a carry. The defense will again give Ryan Mundy the start - he started alongside Ryan Clark in Week 2, and replaced Clark in Week 1.

Judging by the play on the field, the Steelers may opt to start Jason Worilds in Harrison's place over Chris Carter. Worilds and Carter split snaps in Week 2, and Worilds - who missed all of the preseason with a wrist injury - was used sparingly in Week 1.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/18/3353358/steelers-injury-report-week-3-raiders-jets-troy-polamalu-james-harrison

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (calf) and outside linebacker James Harrison (knee) will miss Sunday's Week 3 game at Oakland. That stinks!

Galax Steeler
09-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (calf) and outside linebacker James Harrison (knee) will miss Sunday's Week 3 game at Oakland. That stinks!

We done it this week without them so I don't see why we can't do it again. Yes it will hurt but if we play like we did against the Jets then we will have nothing to worry about. Clark played a good game with Mundy back there so maybe they will have the same Chemistry again this week. As for Harrrison our backups Worilds and Carter are doing a decent job of taking care of the outside. Our focus will be stopping the run up the middle that seems to be our week spot so far this year.:rockon:

Moose
09-18-2012, 03:06 PM
It's going to be tough without them, but I think they will be needed healthy for the games after the BYE. That's 2 more weeks to rest up and starting with the Eagles game it's going to be on to the 'play-offs' qualifications and no easy road.

fansince'76
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I thought they were day-to-day (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/14623-Steelers-Injury-Report-Polamalu-amp-Harrison-Day-to-Day) at this point? :noidea:

stillers4me
09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Fine. The next week is the bye ( really, already??) and if all goes well, we should be ready to hit the rest of the season roughly full strength.

Randy06
09-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Age might be catching up to these two.

zulater
09-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Age might be catching up to these two.

Catching? I'd say caught.

steeldawg
09-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Its a big game for us to win, could put us at 2-1 and the ravens play the patriots could potentially put them at 1-2.

Moose
09-18-2012, 03:49 PM
And the bungholes play Washington....could also end 1-2 (hopefully).

The Duke
09-18-2012, 03:51 PM
We should beat the raiders without them regardless

and, more experience for Carter and Worilds. Could even get a few licks on the Palmer statue back there

Moose
09-18-2012, 03:55 PM
And we all know when Palmer get's rushed he's good at throwing interception ( bungholes). Hopefully a fun game to watch like the Jet's game was. I want a good ass whoppin' put on the raiders.

bayz101
09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Let's not overreact on the age thing. If they're day-to-day at this point, no reason in playing them, especially with a Bye ahead. I'd keep 'em out even if they we're 100%.

steelerdude15
09-18-2012, 04:07 PM
It could be a precautionary thing which I have no problem with.

Chidi29
09-18-2012, 08:05 PM
If I had to guess, the team probably has an idea of what direction they're heading in, active or inactive, but there's no final decision made yet. It's Tuesday, guys. Not Saturday.

Take it with a grain of salt.

GodfatherofSoul
09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
It's Oakland, might as well hold them out an extra game for a full 3 weeks healing

Craic
09-19-2012, 12:13 AM
At this point, with as much time as these two have missed in the last couple of years, I believe it's time to draft and groom replacements - at least for Troy, and start giving our LB's a serious look this year to see if we have an heir apparent for Harrison's spot.

XxKnightxX
09-19-2012, 12:56 AM
As mentioned before. This is Mike Tomlin and the organizations way of preparing for football without them. They're not brett favre or junior seaus. They can't play 18 years. This team wasn't built to depend on one or two guys. No need to start now.

Brett Favre

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

86WARD
09-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Keep them out as long as possible and necessary. After the bye would be great. They should be able to hold their own without them against the Raiders.

As for the "organization and Tomlin" holding them out with the idea of "preparing" for the future is just silly. Why not hold out Ben too? You know...to prepare for the future...lol. That's not what they are doing...

86WARD
09-19-2012, 08:17 AM
At this point, with as much time as these two have missed in the last couple of years, I believe it's time to draft and groom replacements - at least for Troy, and start giving our LB's a serious look this year to see if we have an heir apparent for Harrison's spot.

Been saying that for two years...Throw in a "white" pocket passing back up QB too.

bayz101
09-19-2012, 08:21 AM
No doubt is it time to prepare for the future, but I wouldn't take the supposed report that they won't play this weekend as an indication of that. I said before the Jets game that if Troy or Harrison didn't play that we wouldn't see them again until after the Bye Week.

In fact, it's logical. Don't bring them back unless their 100%. Day-to-day isn't 100%, and I doubt they'll be at that point by Sunday. Sit them. It's the smart thing to do.

venom
09-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm sure if the Steelers were playing the Ravens , they would be playing . Let them sit now , they are very badly needed in our " very old " Def , lol

polamalubeast
09-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Report: James Harrison, Troy Polamalu out vs. Raiders

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064330/article/report-james-harrison-troy-polamalu-out-vs-raiders?campaign=Twitter_atl