PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: Versatility is key for safety Mundy

stillers4me
09-18-2012, 05:55 AM
The Steelers still haven’t paired starting safeties Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark since their regular season-ending game against St. Louis last season.

Ryan Mundy fills in whenever one is out; Clark missed the two games in Denver because of his sickle cell trait and Polamalu was out Sunday against the Jets with a strained calf.

“When I play with Troy, he primarily plays in the box,” Mundy said Monday. “Sometimes, we will switch it up just to give the quarterback a different look. When I’m playing with Ryan, I can be playing in the box one play, and he can be playing in the box another play. I just like to be flexible ... whatever position they want to play on a particular play, I play off them.”.........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2619323-85/season-steelers-clark-playing-game-box-jets-mundy-oakland-polamalu#ixzz26okStktI

Psycho Ward 86
09-18-2012, 10:47 AM
man are we getting a lot of firepower back after this oakland game and the bye week. Or at least we should anyways: Mendenhall, Polamalu, Harrison, Saunders, Maybe even Sylvester?