PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Few signs of rust for Wallace

Galax Steeler
09-18-2012, 04:12 AM
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mike Wallace is off to the fastest scoring start in his career. Imagine where he might be had he gone through training camp.

You will get no argument from him.

"I think training camp helps me," Wallace said after catching his second touchdown pass of the season Sunday in the Steelers' 27-10 victory against the New York Jets.

"I think I could be even better now if I would have gone through training camp. I would have liked to be in training camp, but you know ... "

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-few-signs-of-rust-for-wallace-653820/#ixzz26oL2lenk

steelers_switzerland
09-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Wallace looks more like a four-trick pony these days.

He's just getting better and better... Lock him up!

tube517
09-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Diva :chuckle:

steelreserve
09-18-2012, 01:28 PM
"I think I could be even better now if I would have gone through training camp. I would have liked to be in training camp, but you know ... "

See? If you'd been in training camp, THEN imagine how much more money you'd be worth on your next contract, rocket scientist.

steelerdude15
09-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Few signs of rust for Wallace

Mike Wallace is off to the fastest scoring start in his career. Imagine where he might be had he gone through training camp.

You will get no argument from him.

"I think training camp helps me," Wallace said after catching his second touchdown pass of the season Sunday in the Steelers' 27-10 victory against the New York Jets.

Business is business, and right now that's behind him and so too are any suggestions that Wallace might not be in the best frame of mind because of his long holdout and his inability to come together with the Steelers on a multiple-year contract.

Two games into what might be his final season with the Steelers, Wallace has again shown just how dangerous he can be.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-few-signs-of-rust-for-wallace-653820/#ixzz26srltcw4

This is a great article. Even with holding out this summer, he's looked pretty good. It does make you wonder how much better he could be if he did go to training camp. One positive was that he picked up the playbook this summer so he wasn't completely in the dark. It also includes a piece on the running back/running game situation. I definitely hope that the running game can start to pick back up this Sunday, but the Steelers could very well be heading into a trap game.