PDA

View Full Version : It Doesn't Sound Hopeful...

memphissteelergirl
07-22-2010, 08:25 AM
If you heard "Mike and Mike" this morning, they had Jeff Pash Executive VP from the NFL on the show responding to some of the things the president of the NFLPA said on the show earlier this week, including a possible lawsuit. From the tone of both of these guys, it sounds like both camps are firmly entrenched and not budging, and they don't like each other to boot.

I hope things can be worked out, but as contentious as things sound right now, I'm not sure there will be football in 2011.

kmsteelerwr15
07-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Well at least Goodell's dream of a thug-free NFL just might happen in 2011

salamander
07-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Do they realize how much money they're going to lose if they don't have a season in 2011?

I betcha leagues like the UFL and the Arena Football League are licking their chops right about now.

BnG_Hevn
07-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Again, why would there NOT be an NFL season in 2011 when the teams can still field teams? Sure, the quality and experience won't be 'as' high, but they can still be capable.

steelerdude15
07-22-2010, 11:44 AM
This is so stupid, why can't these assholes come up with something. Stop being the greedy morons you all are and do something about it!

X-Terminator
07-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Again, why would there NOT be an NFL season in 2011 when the teams can still field teams? Sure, the quality and experience won't be 'as' high, but they can still be capable.

Because the players would be locked out by the owners, which means they won't be fielding any teams at all. Why spend the money when they can save it, hold their ground and break the union? That's what the NHL did in 2004-05.

Ah well, if there's no NFL season in 2011, I'll still have college football and the NHL to tide me over. I could care less about a bunch of multi-millionaires and billionaires arguing over more money that I'd see in 20 lifetimes.

SMR
07-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Well at least Goodell's dream of a thug-free NFL just might happen in 2011

:rofl:

That was just perfect!

SMR
07-22-2010, 04:39 PM
This is so stupid, why can't these assholes come up with something. Stop being the greedy morons you all are and do something about it!

Sad, huh?

ALLD
07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
The players are worried that the owners are going to make more money and what they do not realize is that the more money the owners make, the more money the players make.

stillers4me
07-22-2010, 06:27 PM
I think both sides are posturing hoping the other will give in first.

BnG_Hevn
07-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Obviously the owners want games to be played so if it is a matter of not wanting to deal with the union, then they can till draft players/field teams to play football. Just without the unions. If players want to play then they can agree to terms of the NFL teams.

Personally, I think unions ruin things and if I were an owner of a business, I wouldn't allow them to dictate what I do. I'd pay workers what I wanted, if people want to work they work for what I am willing to give.

On the flip side of that, if I don't treat them right then they can go somewhere else. If I deem they are worth it I'd agree to terms with them.

That is how normal businesses work.

There are plenty of "players" out there that are willing to play for $4 million a season instead of demanding $15 million.