PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Depot: Steelers Must Run Better On Early Downs Moving Forward

polamalubeast
09-17-2012, 09:24 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/steelers-must-run-better-on-early-downs-moving-forward/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

GBMelBlount
09-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Perhaps passing more early and being less....predictable (lol), would help....

I realize they are experiminting with running more but I fully expect if they continue to have problems with the run early they will make adjustments.

polamalubeast
09-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Perhaps passing more early and being less....predictable (lol), would help....
I realize they are experiminting with running more but I fully expect if they continue to have problems with the run early they will make adjustments.

predictable....this is not true....read this article!

polamalubeast
09-17-2012, 09:31 AM
the steelers on first down:23 pass,27 run

on second down:27 pass,18 run

but the running game is awful in second down(18 run for 21 yards)

Edman
09-17-2012, 09:50 AM
It doesn't really help that the Steelers RB's kept trying to bounce it outside on most of their runs. The Jets are a fast attacking Defense. You're not getting much room to the outside. That's why you attack them North-South.

The Pass Protection is getting much better, the Run-Blocking will come along soon enough.

fansince'76
09-17-2012, 10:33 AM
You mean constantly winding up in 3rd-and-9 situations is a bad thing? :sarcasm:

On a side note, and I realize it's early in the season, but other than a couple of mistakes in the Broncos game, this might be the best I've EVER seen Roethlisberger play. He's been freaking lights out. So much for the "Rosetta Stone" BS.

tube517
09-17-2012, 10:39 AM
You mean constantly winding up in 3rd-and-9 situations is a bad thing? :sarcasm:

On a side note, and I realize it's early in the season, but other than a couple of mistakes in the Broncos game, this might be the best I've EVER seen Roethlisberger play. He's been freaking lights out. So much for the "Rosetta Stone" BS.

Nonsense! Fire Haley! He's bad for Ben. :chuckle:

ALLD
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Try some quick timing slot passes and simply dumping off to the RB in a long hand off as substitute for the 7-12 yard passing game. Chip away a bit more efficiently instead of downs #1 & #2 not being very productive and leaving it up to Ben to bail out the O on third and long. Play it as two downs instead of three in a loose comparison to Canadian football, not to mention more use of no huddle.

X-Terminator
09-17-2012, 11:07 AM

I need to watch the replay of the game, but just from the highlights I've seen, he is throwing the ball better and with more authority than I have ever seen him. I guess that's what happens when you take your job more seriously and when you're kept upright more often. Haley, so far, has been very good for him.

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2012, 12:11 PM

I agree. Surprisingly enough Ben got some props on the Mike and Mike show this morning from Greenie and Golic. They said that he's under-rated and deserves to be included in the elite QBs. We already know this but it's good to hear.