PDA

View Full Version : Holmes-Taylor rivalry renewed at Heinz

polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 09:57 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Santonio Holmes and Ike Taylor are not strangers, as the New York Jets wideout and Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback were teammates during Holmes' first four NFL seasons and the two also train together in the offseason.

Holmes and Taylor renewed their on-field rivalry for the third time Sunday at Heinz Field, and each side could claim several in-game victories. But since the Steelers won 27-10, Taylor certainly would hold bragging rights.

"We're friends and competitors,'' Taylor said. "He expects the best out of me, and I expect the best out of him. We gave it to each other today, but in the end we won the game. And that's all that matters.''

Holmes was targeted 11 times, and Taylor was called for two penalties to go with Holmes' three catches for 28 yards. His biggest catch of the day was a 14-yard touchdown toss from Mark Sanchez to cap the Jets' opening drive, but there were some drops on the day as well.

"I have to take my hat off to those guys,'' Holmes said. "He played pretty good. He played physical the whole game, just like I expected. And we came out on the short end of the stick this week.''

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/15688/holmes-taylor-rivalry-renewed-at-heinz-field?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter