PDA

View Full Version : New TV's

SirHulka
07-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Has anyone seen the new 3D TV's yet? I've seen them all, and I can't wait until the NFL starts broadcasting all the games in 3D. Sony had one on sale for $1700! And they just came out! By next Christmas, they will probably be down to around $1000. DirectTV is going to have 5 3D stations in their programming, and I'm sur Dish will come out with even more. Glad I didn't invest in Blu-ray.

klick81
07-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I've never seen them in person, but it sounds kinda gimmicky. We shall see what the picture quality is like.

Nadroj 20
07-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I think they are going overboard with this 3D thing...i dont wanna wear special glasses just to watch TV

Killer
07-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah - wearing cheap gel movie glasses to watch tee-vee is a headache.

They better not screw up my HD for this.

salamander
07-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Eh... for the time being, it just seems like a big waste of money.

SteelersinCA
07-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Live sports in 3D is garbage, movies in 3D is OK.

tony hipchest
07-22-2010, 10:51 AM
they handed out 3-d glasses for the fireworks display here on base.

i thought to myself "arent the fireworks aready in 3-d"? :noidea:

kmsteelerwr15
07-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I think they are going overboard with this 3D thing...i dont wanna wear special glasses just to watch TV

I agree with you and not to mention, how the hell are you gonna be able to watch a football game in 3D? What when you watch the Ravens will a knife come out at you every time they show Ray Ray?

BnG_Hevn
07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
The 3-D glasses you wear wouldn't be the cheap-os you throw away after watching one at the theatre. The ones you would use are the ones you'd pay, I think, $100+ for and, although they might as uncomfortable as the cheap-os, you certainly won't throw them out.

By the looks of them though they should be comfortable, especially for the price.

smokin3000gt
07-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Has anyone seen the new 3D TV's yet? I've seen them all, and I can't wait until the NFL starts broadcasting all the games in 3D. Sony had one on sale for $1700! And they just came out! By next Christmas, they will probably be down to around $1000. DirectTV is going to have 5 3D stations in their programming, and I'm sur Dish will come out with even more. Glad I didn't invest in Blu-ray.

Blu-ray is awesome.. definitely missing out!

note: if someone is thinking about buying a blu-ray player, buy a PS3. They are the same price as BD, 3D ready, and constant firmware upgrades.

Killer
07-22-2010, 12:55 PM
The 3-D glasses you wear wouldn't be the cheap-os you throw away after watching one at the theatre. The ones you would use are the ones you'd pay, I think, $100+ for and, although they might as uncomfortable as the cheap-os, you certainly won't throw them out.

By the looks of them though they should be comfortable, especially for the price.

yeah I know, I already looked into it

they want $150-200 for the 3D glasses for my new Samsung TV - it's a kit with a IR emitter source and the glasses are wi-fi, so they need batteries too. And they only work for Sammys - not other tv's...

Too much hassle for all that right now.