PDA

View Full Version : Tebow barely visible in loss to Steelers

polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 09:22 PM
As time was clicking down on the N.Y. Jets’ first loss of the season, the chants “Tebow, Tebow” were raining down from what was left of a capacity crowd at Heinz Field.

What was expected to be a heavy dose of Jets quarterback Tim Tebow against a Steelers defense he torched in a wild-card playoff game nine months ago turned out to be nothing more than a cameo appearance in a 27-10 loss.

Tebow didn’t enter the game until the third quarter, took three snaps, and his name wasn’t called again.

That is, until the chants of “Tebow” started to ring out.

“I don’t pay attention or listen to it,” Tebow said of the chants.

Neither did Jets coach Rex Ryan.

Ryan didn’t have much of an answer for the lack of Tebow in a game that Mark Sanchez completed 10 passes for 138 yards and didn’t convert a third down from midway through the second quarter. His passer rating was 66.6

“Well, I think, you know, I really think the game as it went out—you know, as the game was going on, we were having a tough time getting off the field,” Ryan said. “We did put him in there and he had a couple of nice runs.”

Actually, it was only one run, but it was significant.

Mired in mediocrity from midway through the second quarter, Tebow finally entered the game on the Jets’ 30th snap and quickly produced their second-longest play of the game — a 22-yard read option around left end.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2611506-85/tebow-game-jets-ryan-steelers-yards-didn-sanchez-team-field?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Stee lers+Stories%29#ixzz26gpPwlF7
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

steelreserve
09-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Funny thing is, when Tebow was in, that was the only time they moved the ball effectively in the entire second half. He can be effective in small doses, although using him as your primary QB would obviously be a big mistake.

Speaking of which, the way Sanchez played today, and the quality of his backup as an every-down QB, I really do NOT envy the position the Jets are in. Three-ring circus is about right.