PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Next

steelpride12
09-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Let's asses next weeks game against the 0-2 Raiders.
It can be a big game for the Steelers. The final game before our bye week and of course a W and being 2-1 before some needed rest would feel great.

We all know this easily could be a trap game. Struggling team that's 0-2. A QB who is struggling, but knows the Steelers and their defense very well. Won't be a cakewalk to walk into the black hole and come out with a W! We will need to bring our A-game.

Hoping Troy and Harrison will be ready for this one, but also wouldn't mind watching them rest until after the bye week!

polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 08:27 PM
the last game in Oakland(2006) was ugly

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200610290rai.htm

Psycho Ward 86
09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
i expect a damn thrashing. With or without deebo and troy.

The Duke
09-16-2012, 08:37 PM
i expect a damn thrashing. With or without deebo and troy.

I do not expect a thrashing as in 2010, but we should have this one in the bag by the 3rd quarter

silver & black
09-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Nothing to worry about. The Raiders are the most pathetic excuse for a football team in the league. Even the Browns don't suck as bad as the Raiders. The Raiders will win maybe 4 games....... and those will be total luck. This team is 2006 bad...... or worse. The Steelers should be able to rack up 97 points without any trouble.

Shoes
09-16-2012, 08:42 PM
the last game in Oakland(2006) was ugly

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200610290rai.htm

So was the Giants loss to the Steelers on 11-30-52 with a score of 63-7.......at Forbes Field. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
09-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Nothing to worry about. The Raiders are the most pathetic excuse for a football team in the league. Even the Browns don't suck as bad as the Raiders. The Raiders will win maybe 4 games....... and those will be total luck. This team is 2006 bad...... or worse. The Steelers should be able to rack up 97 points without any trouble.

Yeah, but that 2006 team also beat the Steelers. So there's no way I'm going into this game expecting anything but a tough matchup. After 2 horrible losses, I expect the Raiders to man up. I still think the Steelers will win, but it won't be a blowout by any means.

tube517
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM

I don't subscribe to that hocus pocus. Steelers don't play well in Oakland or the West Coast for that matter.

fansince'76
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Yeah, but that 2006 team also beat the Steelers. So there's no way I'm going into this game expecting anything but a tough matchup. After 2 horrible losses, I expect the Raiders to man up. I still think the Steelers will win, but it won't be a blowout by any means.

This. And we haven't exactly been road warriors last year and so far this year.

Edman
09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
A trap game if I ever saw one. The Steelers haven't exactly been a good road team as of late going back to last year.

The last time the Steelers were good on the Road was a 7-1 Record in 2010. They were pathetic on the road last year and in their sole road game they didn't look that good either. Nope. No gimme. This will be a tough game and the Raiders can beat the Steelers.

As for that 2006 game, Cowher rushed Ben right back from a concussion a week earlier and he unsurprisingly had an awful game.

steelreserve
09-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Relax. The Raiders are a whole new level of bad this year - they are completely lost on both sides of the ball. You really have to see it to comprehend it, but if we don't win by two touchdowns, I'll be shocked.

I didn't really pay that close attention to who they got rid of in the offseason and who had gotten injured, but now that they're playing, it's become obvious that the team was just gutted. They went from having decent offensive weapons and depth, to having one legitimate NFL receiver and one legitimate NFL RB who are both one-dimensional Al Davis guys, then filling in the rest with complete scrubs, and I mean Arena League level talent. And it looks pretty similar on defense.

Hell, back in 2006 they were probably better off, because even though the team was full of Al Davis guys, at least it was one-dimensional NFL players, and NFL-caliber players who didn't fit or didn't care. This is just atrocious.

Steeldude
09-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Please don't play down to your opponent. Step on their throats and don't let up until the game is over

BuzzBomb
09-17-2012, 02:16 AM
I'll be making the trek from Hawaii to the ghetto to witness a Stiller beat down on the Raiders!

polamalubeast
09-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Roethlisberger is 1-2 against the raiders in his career......

Count Steeler
09-17-2012, 08:51 AM

This

Please don't play down to your opponent. Step on their throats and don't let up until the game is over

And This.

Hope we prepare like we have something to prove, because we do.

GBMelBlount
09-17-2012, 09:24 AM

BINGO.

Any given Sunday.

With our tendency to play down to the level of our opponents these games are often as tough as the best teams we play every year.

Edman
09-17-2012, 10:08 AM
The fact that the Raiders are awful are what makes them dangerous.

I hate these kinds of road games.

Kornbread
09-17-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't want the Steeler's to become the Raiders first victim that's for sure. I hope the Steeler's play them like it's the Super Bowl game. Leave it all on the field! The Raiders are out for the win and they want it in blood if necessary.

Devilsdancefloor
09-17-2012, 10:19 AM

This

st33lersguy
09-17-2012, 01:31 PM
The Steelers are 2-6 in road games against AFC West competition since 2006, 3-8 since 2002. The Steelers are also acustomed to playing close with inferior teams on the road, and last year on the road went toe-to-toe with the AFC's 2 worst teams. I don't know about everyone else but I am honestly worried that the Steelers will overlook the Raiders and it is going to be a tough ballgame

Steeltreal
09-17-2012, 02:15 PM
The Steelers are 2-6 in road games against AFC West competition since 2006, 3-8 since 2002. The Steelers are also acustomed to playing close with inferior teams on the road, and last year on the road went toe-to-toe with the AFC's 2 worst teams. I don't know about everyone else but I am honestly worried that the Steelers will overlook the Raiders and it is going to be a tough ballgame Overlooking a team before the bye, i think not

XxKnightxX
09-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Were going to unleash hell on these guys

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Moose
09-17-2012, 07:25 PM

Exactly !! This is a truly bad habit the Steeler's have. With the fact that Palmer knows the Steeler's, is all the more reason that we need to score early and constantly. Don't let up. Hit them with everything we have and NO conservative playing. As Steeldude said, STEP ON THEIR DAMN THROATS !!! God, I'd love to see the Steeler's give a good 'ole ass kickin' to someone.

steelpride12
09-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Tomlin will prepare these guys I'm not worried about. The "Giving them hell" statement won't be heard and the Steelers will be prepared. They will prepare like it was for the championship!

ALLD
09-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Their only chance is for Palmer to get up for one more game against the Steelers. We just need to stuff the run and force him to throw picks.

silver & black
09-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Exactly !! This is a truly bad habit the Steeler's have. With the fact that Palmer knows the Steeler's, is all the more reason that we need to score early and constantly. Don't let up. Hit them with everything we have and NO conservative playing. As Steeldude said, STEP ON THEIR DAMN THROATS !!! God, I'd love to see the Steeler's give a good 'ole ass kickin' to someone.

They gave us a good 'ole ass kickin' last year...lol.

SteelGhost
09-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Just respect your opponent AND win :chuckle:

st33lersguy
09-17-2012, 09:14 PM
As Tomlin would say "Style points don't matter, just win

steelers_switzerland
09-18-2012, 05:55 AM
so Carson Palmer.... time to do something for the turnover differential! time for some interceptions now, missed them the first 2 games

steel striker
09-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I still think it will be a tough game but, I think the steelers will win. Always tough going to the west coast or atleast tough for our guys.

silver & black
09-18-2012, 11:12 AM
The Steelers should be able to throw the ball at will.... The Raiders literally have no corners. The NFL should just give the Steelers the win and save them the trip West. This is going to be a fiasco of epic proportion.

steeldevil
09-18-2012, 11:16 AM
The Steelers should be able to throw the ball at will.... The Raiders literally have no corners. The NFL should just give the Steelers the win and save them the trip West. This is going to be a fiasco of epic proportion.

That's interesting... I was about to post that we will have to run the ball well because of oakland's great pass defense. No more great pass defense?

silver & black
09-18-2012, 12:49 PM
No pass defense at all...great or otherwise.

stillers4me
09-18-2012, 01:06 PM
I remain optimistic...as long as Ben does not have an appendectomy or eats the windshield of a Chrysler New Yorker between now and Sunday.

venom
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Trap game - Must play well , get the guys healthy and ready for a tough one vs the Eagles after the bye

suitanim
09-18-2012, 01:49 PM
We did not play well on the road last year, and we traditionally don't play well in Oakland.

I'm a little optimistic because I saw something spark in the defense last week that had been missing for the first 6 quarters of football this year.

Moose
09-18-2012, 03:58 PM
But, don't forget these so called 'easy' games can haunt us.

HollywoodSteel
09-18-2012, 04:33 PM

I understand your perspective as a Raiders fan who has seen his team struggle, but as a Steelers fan this game worries. Others have pointed out some reasons why this can be a trap game. On the road, in Oakland, let down after a good win etc., but let's talk about the Raiders for a second. In that home opener they were dominating a more talented team for a long stretch there, but it was boneheaded penalties that killed them. While this is infuriating to watch as a fan of the team, I expect that this will be a major focus in practice this week and won't be repeated in their next home game. No I know you can point to the loss against a below the line Miami team as awful, but to me it doesn't tell me a whole lot regarding how they will play this week. Even really good NFL teams can look like an entirely different animal on the road. The Steelers and Ravens have classic examples of this going back to last year. Just look at our sack totals at home and on the road last year. The difference is staggering. So with that in mind, we're talking about a team that traveled from Oakland to Miami on a short week. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we will be facing the best running back we've seen so far and our run defense has not looked good. I don't expect it to get much better this week seeing as Troy and Harrison are not expected to play.

Now I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom for my team either. This is the kind of road game we have to win this year, short handed or not, to be a legit contender. I think we should win, but it is far from a gimmee.

Count Steeler
09-18-2012, 04:53 PM

No, no, no. You are not going to jinx us. Steelers need to show up and play and build on their effort against the Jets. There are NO easy games in the NFL.

silver & black
09-18-2012, 05:17 PM
No, no, no. You are not going to jinx us. Steelers need to show up and play and build on their effort against the Jets. There are NO easy games in the NFL.
I would agree, if they were an NFL team. I will honestly be surprised if they can even win one game.

Any more injuries, and they may have to suit up the cheerleaders, just to field a team.

steelreserve
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
[/B]
I would agree, if they were an NFL team. I will honestly be surprised if they can even win one game.

Any more injuries, and they may have to suit up the cheerleaders, just to field a team.

He speaks the truth, guys. I've also been watching this unfold for the past few weeks, and it really is that bad. If they can't steal a game from the Chiefs or the Browns, I don't know what they'll do. This is an actual scene from the third quarter of the Dolphins game last week:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/14/88882986_70b4b4e91a.jpg

ladies and gentkemen, your 2012 Oakland ehhhhrrrrrrrrRAIDERS!

steelerdude15
09-18-2012, 10:33 PM
No one should ever underestimate their opponent. I hope the Steelers play their hearts out this Sunday and do not play down to the opponent's level!

HollywoodSteel
09-18-2012, 10:49 PM
[/B]

Why did I get such a deja vu there? Have you used that line before?

X-Terminator
09-19-2012, 02:12 AM
He speaks the truth, guys. I've also been watching this unfold for the past few weeks, and it really is that bad. If they can't steal a game from the Chiefs or the Browns, I don't know what they'll do. This is an actual scene from the third quarter of the Dolphins game last week:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/14/88882986_70b4b4e91a.jpg

ladies and gentkemen, your 2012 Oakland ehhhhrrrrrrrrRAIDERS!

Yeah well, I hope the Steelers themselves don't think this way, or they will be in for a very rude awakening. It doesn't matter how bad a team is, they are still NFL players, and they are capable of beating anyone at any time.

polamalubeast
09-19-2012, 02:26 AM
The Steelers lost against the Raiders in 2006 and 2009

the raiders were 2-14 in 2006 and 5-11 in 2009

steelreserve
09-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah well, I hope the Steelers themselves don't think this way, or they will be in for a very rude awakening. It doesn't matter how bad a team is, they are still NFL players, and they are capable of beating anyone at any time.

I don't have to worry about beating the Raiders; they do. I'm sure they won't take it lightly.

polamalubeast
09-21-2012, 05:39 PM
The steelers are 5-5 in the last 10 games on the road....AT home,the steelers are 11-1 in the last 12 games

stillers4me
09-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Pittsburgh (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/channel/pittsburgh)
Mark Kaboly (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/source/S-11033651)

Man, do I have a stat about the #Steelers that might scare you ... especially this week
In the 80-year history of the Pittsburgh Steelers and including the playoffs, they have won only 19 of 54 games while playing on the West Coast including losing five of their last six.

Here is the breakdown:
LA Rams (1-9) Only win was in Super Bowl XIV
Seattle (1-6)
Oakland/LA Raiders (5-8)
San Francisco (5-6)
San Diego (7-6)

steelpride12
09-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Yeah I don't care how bad the Raiders are this season it's a simple trap game. The Raiders are 0-2, they have a coach who needs to prove themselves, a hungry team that wants to get win #1 and a fanbase that craves any positive news. The Steelers need to play their best ball game tomorrow if they expect to win or we will have the same sad outcome the last few years on the West Coast.

steelreserve
09-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Pittsburgh (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/channel/pittsburgh)
Mark Kaboly (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/source/S-11033651)

Man, do I have a stat about the #Steelers that might scare you ... especially this week
In the 80-year history of the Pittsburgh Steelers and including the playoffs, they have won only 19 of 54 games while playing on the West Coast including losing five of their last six.

Here is the breakdown:
LA Rams (1-9) Only win was in Super Bowl XIV
Seattle (1-6)
Oakland/LA Raiders (5-8)
San Francisco (5-6)
San Diego (7-6)

yeah but ... most of those teams were actually good for most of that time.

86WARD
09-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Can't take it lightly...or they'll go into the bye 1-2...

Kornbread
09-23-2012, 01:36 PM
I still think it will be a tough game but, I think the steelers will win. Always tough going to the west coast or atleast tough for our guys.
That's right!