polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 06:29 PM
The good:Defense

Roethlisberger,Wallace,Brown

Bad:Running game

Ugly:The referee

steelpride12
09-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Agreed! I give my game ball honestly to the defense! They played Steelers football since the 2nd quarter till the game ended and held Sanchez and Holmes to 0 points from there out!
Ben and the offense played well and got enough points to close out the game.

The bad and ugly both belong to the refs and running game. That OL is awful, we knew it would once Decastro went down, but not even he could patch it up good enough.

zulater
09-16-2012, 06:42 PM
The good. Ben. Without question. He misfired on 3 or 4 passes, maybe.But he didn't make a bad decision all game! Not one. He converted third downs all game long. He's why we have Super bowl aspirations. Period.

whodat1
09-16-2012, 06:44 PM
The Ugly: The so called interference call on Taylor.

JayC
09-16-2012, 06:45 PM
defense stepped up after the first quarter big time. clark stood out the most. ben and the WR's/TE did what i expect from them all year, amazing 3rd down work again. running game was shit. overall a good game though.

also ravens lost and complaining about the refs more than anyone. sky is blue.

Bluecoat96
09-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Personally, I could care less how bad the running game looked. We hung 27 points on a fairly good defense.

Shoes
09-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Personally, I could care less how bad the running game looked. We hung 27 points on a fairly good defense.

+1

Ben, Brown, Wallace, Miller

vader29
09-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Ben, Brown, Wallace, Miller
Agree with these players on offense, also it was so nice to not see a prevent defense on the Jets final drive.

Edman
Good:

The Team overcoming the awful officiating.
Ben and the Defense.
DAT TEN MINUTE DRIVE.
Renegade Offense putting the game away.

Bad:

The Officiating.
Santonio Holmes. He's such a soft punk.

steelerdiva
The Good: Ben, Heath, and Defense

The Bad: Officiating

The Ugly: See the bad

tube517
09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Good: We win, Ravens lose, (Also Cheats* lose, Cryboys lose.)

Bad: 1st quarter defense

Ugly: The PI call on Ike

zulater
How many drops did Santonio have today? I think 4. So glad we got the receivers we do and he's not one of them.

X-Terminator
I just saw the replay of that "PI" on Ike, and I'm still shaking my head. WTF was the refs looking at??? Quite possibly the worst call I have ever seen.

zulater
09-16-2012, 07:29 PM
I just saw the replay of that "PI" on Ike, and I'm still shaking my head. WTF was the refs looking at??? Quite possibly the worst call I have ever seen.

I think his initial reaction was that there was helmet to helmet contact on the play.When he saw the replay on the big board, or talked to one of his com padres, and there absolutely wasn't any such contact, instead of picking up the flag he made something up.

Best I can come up with anyway?

polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Lamarr Woodley deserves a mention

He put pressure on Sanchez on very consistent way

stillers4me
09-16-2012, 07:34 PM
We've got the good, the bad and the ugly.

And now we have the devine.....

Steelers Jesus‏@Steelers_Jesus1h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Steelers_Jesus/status/247477242203099137)When stomping thy Jets, Brother Tomlin said to thy haters, "That's what's up." And it was good. pic.twitter.com/0Ar84ySp (http://t.co/0Ar84ySp)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A283PZgCUAAELHf.jpg

steelerdude15
09-16-2012, 07:36 PM
I would definitely say that Ben, Manny, Mikey, Antonio, and Heath all were good. The defense and offense both got off to a slow start in the first quarter, but picked it up after that.

st33lersguy
09-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Good: Ben, defense, broken tackles, 2nd half
Bad: 1st quarter defense
Ugly: Jets pass offense, refs

zulater
09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I'll tell you one thing. Ryan Clark was better today than Troy was last week against Denver. And it wasn't even close.

polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 07:45 PM
I'll tell you one thing. Ryan Clark was better today than Troy was last week against Denver. And it wasn't even close.

Clark has played very well, but at the same time, Manning is better than Sanchez!

GodfatherofSoul
09-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Clark does NOT get the respect he deserves on this team. That guy is a straight up bruiser. He could be going at a TE that outweighs him by 75 lbs and he'll drill him at max speed; and not by ducking the conact and diving at ankles.

zulater
09-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Clark has played very well, but at the same time, Manning is better than Sanchez!

Granted. But still Troy has yet to find his best legs this year, pre season or the opener. And I'm not sure he will. I hope I'm wrong, but I think father time has caught up with Troy.

He's a first ballot HOF'er regardless. So please don't call me a hater. I just don't know if he's a great player anymore.

Ryan Clark. I don't care if it was the Jets and Sanchez. You can see he's still playing at an elite level.

As of now I'd say Clark is our best safety.

polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Granted. But still Troy has yet to find his best legs this year, pre season or the opener. And I'm not sure he will. I hope I'm wrong, but I think father time has caught up with Troy.

He's a first ballot HOF'er regardless. So please don't call me a hater. I just don't know if he's a great player anymore.

Ryan Clark. I don't care if it was the Jets and Sanchez. You can see he's still playing at an elite level.

one thing is sure, the Steelers need Polamalu and Clark

It is true that Clark is underrated

Iron Steeler
09-16-2012, 07:55 PM
I think his initial reaction was that there was helmet to helmet contact on the play.When he saw the replay on the big board, or talked to one of his com padres, and there absolutely wasn't any such contact, instead of picking up the flag he made something up.

Best I can come up with anyway?

Same exact theory we came up with in my household

Butch
09-16-2012, 07:58 PM

While it was an awful call we got a reprieve when (I think it was Dwyer's) knee hit the ground.

GBMelBlount
09-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Good:

Defense played well without 2 nfl player of the years out...i think they are both in the twilight of their careers.

Ben and passing game looked good.

More TD's than field goals

I have not seen any major confusion or setbacks with rosetta stone offense

Bad:

Running & trenches early.

Ugly:

Santonio homes. He is very ugly imo.

Wallace108
09-16-2012, 08:10 PM

I can't argue with that.

tube517
09-16-2012, 08:11 PM

Hater :chuckle:

Troy needs Ryan more than Ryan needs Troy.

slippy
09-16-2012, 08:16 PM
pit wacked sanchez in the head and got a 15 yard penalty; he did not have a big play the rest of the game. this has been the book on MS since he came into the league.

zulater
09-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Same exact theory we came up with in my household

Hell, if you throw the flag on Ike you'll be right at least 50% of the time. :heh:

oneforthetoe
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Good- d, wrs, Ben, and Suisham, who has been kicking great.

Bad - Refs - oh my lord.

Ugly see above.

I know we struggled running the ball, but at least we were able to pick up short- yardage and run the ball into the end-zone. So, I will call it disappointing, but not ugly.

HollywoodSteel
09-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Bad - letting the "Tebow package" pick up yards on us for a couple plays in row due to horrific tackling on our part.

Good - Clark putting an end to it with a fantastic open field tackle behind the line of scrimmage as if to say, "now that's what a God damn tackle looks like. Any questions?"

Dino 6 Rings
09-16-2012, 10:25 PM
20-10 Steelers ball at there own 25 first and ten.

The good = 14 plays, 75 yards, 10:13 off the clock. TD

0-0 Steelers ball at the Jets 25 first and ten.

The bad = 3 plays minus 2 yards. 27 yard FG

6-7 Jets ball on their own 27. Incomplete pass, 15 yard roughing the passer call on Timmons

The ugly = Sanchez's performance the rest of the game after HAVING HIS TEETH CRUSHED DOWN HIS EFFING THROAT!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!

Steeldude
09-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Good: BR

Bad: O-line

Ugly: Lewis

Another "Good" is the Steelers got a win while resting Harrison and Polamalu.

steelers_switzerland
09-17-2012, 02:38 AM

+1

TheRuneMeister
09-17-2012, 03:52 AM
pit wacked sanchez in the head and got a 15 yard penalty; he did not have a big play the rest of the game. this has been the book on MS since he came into the league.
Precisely. Wack a QB like Sanchez a couple of times, and you don't have to worry about the rest of the night. Take the roughing penalties, scare the QB.

Galax Steeler
09-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Brown and Ben played a good game.

LLT
09-17-2012, 03:59 AM
The Good: Several players who played significantly outside of the limelight......Drew Butler for setting up great field position....Baron Batch for being willing to block in the backfield...Demarcus VanDyke for using that incredible speed on ST's

The Bad: Casey Hampton....Not dominant enough to demand the double team any more.

The Ugly: Communication on the O-Line. They played better with Foster and Gilbert...but way to many defensive players getting into the backfield untouched.

suitanim
09-17-2012, 05:47 AM
The running game ate clock when it was called on to do so. There is MUCH overreaction this morning.

venom
09-17-2012, 07:06 AM
The good , Ben looked great . Also no penalities on Colon that I was shocked , lol . The WR's looked awesome out there also . The bad has to be the refs. They looked like they were getting paid by the flag

86WARD
09-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Good - Ben, AB, Miller and pass game. later game defense.

Bad - run game, early game defense.

Count Steeler
09-17-2012, 08:38 AM
The good: Defense came together, especially the secondary. Got really physical and changed the game.

The bad: The O Line is improving, but still not commanding the LOS.

The ugly: The referee that saw PI on every play.

Devilsdancefloor
09-17-2012, 10:13 AM
The good: Ben and the press coverage by the corners (somewhere Mel Blount is smiling today).

The bad: Run D Big snack i think needs to stand on the sidleines a little more not the same force he used to be inside LBers are not staying clean

The Ugly: Run Game only avg about 2 yards a carry, but when we needed it it showed up, but it is needs addressed ben isnt going to be this good on 3rd and mile all year

Kornbread
09-17-2012, 01:26 PM
The good:Defense

Roethlisberger,Wallace,Brown

Bad:Running game

Ugly:The referee

I believe the replacement referees in the NFL are actually footlocker employees recruited from the nearest mall.

fansince'76
09-17-2012, 01:57 PM
also ravens lost and complaining about the refs more than anyone.

Seems to me they're the ONLY ones bitching...

steel striker
09-17-2012, 02:48 PM
The Good was Ben and, the offense. The bad & ugly was the ref's because it seems they can't even spot the football.

zulater
09-17-2012, 11:39 PM

A week after rushing the quarterback only four times until 10 minutes remained in the game, linebacker LaMarr Woodley wasn’t asked to rush Sanchez frequently until the final four minutes Sunday. Woodley rushed Sanchez 14 times and dropped into coverage 13 times. However, seven of those pass rushes came on the final two drives of an already-decided game. Woodley finished with a game-high seven pressures.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/2618647-85/roethlisberger-steelers-jets-mark-kaboly-pocket-game-passer-field-pass#ixzz26nE2q9OQ
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

pepsyman1
09-18-2012, 12:18 AM
A marked improvement over last weeks performance. The running game is still ugly and I'm surprised how little we've seen of us trying any traditional runs with a lead locker considering how much was made of the fact that we had planned on using an actual fullback. Has a traditional "I" formation become extinct?

steelerrob
09-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Good- Ben, he was awesome all round.
- Mike Wallace - Santonio who????????????????????!!!!!
- Defensive backs - what a difference a week makes!
- Play calling on both sides - no more passive bull**** from LeBeau, and nice to see things mixed up a bit on Offense.
- Suisham - on the money again. Hope he keeps it up.
- Some of the back-ups (eg. Pope) showing hustle.

Bad - The O-Line is still a major work in progress....leading to...
- The running game. A little improved over last week, but we're missing Mendy's speed.

Craic
09-18-2012, 10:25 AM

That's what happens when you try to make Troy play Clark's role, in the same way that Clark would be horrible if you had him try to take on Troy's role.

zulater
09-19-2012, 08:32 PM
The ugly. Santonio Holmes literally begging for a flag on just about every play!

The uglier. That he got flags just for asking even when not remotely deserved.

SteelGhost
09-19-2012, 09:36 PM
The Good : That TEN+ minute drive.
The bad : OL blocking
The Ugly : 2 Tebow's plays.

About the refs .... nevermind, at least those TERRIBLE calls didn't cost us the game :noidea:

zulater
09-20-2012, 05:36 AM
The Good : That TEN+ minute drive.
The bad : OL blocking
The Ugly : 2 Tebow's plays.

About the refs .... nevermind, at least those TERRIBLE calls didn't cost us the game :noidea:

The line was inconsistent more than bad. You don't sustain a ten minute drive if the line isn't doing something right.

SteelGhost
09-20-2012, 11:06 PM
The line was inconsistent more than bad. You don't sustain a ten minute drive if the line isn't doing something right.

Agree :tea: