PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow and the Jets: The Wildcat's latest incarnation

stillers4me
09-16-2012, 08:01 AM
It's not so much that Byron Leftwich is rooting for Tim Tebow when he comes to Heinz Field today with the New York Jets.

And it wasn't as though he was pulling for him last season when Tebow surprised the Steelers, the city of Denver and the National Football League with a deep passing display that nobody thought was possible in a wild-card playoff game.

But Leftwich, a backup quarterback for the Steelers, is rooting for Tebow to succeed in his role with his new team, if for no other reason than the job opportunities his style of play creates for quarterbacks who might otherwise be shunned by the NFL.

"That's the great thing with what happened with the success Tebow had last year," Leftwich said. "I loved every bit of it. I didn't want him to beat us, but, as a quarterback, I remember those times when guys like Charlie Ward and them were still playing. These were good quarterbacks who didn't get a chance to do the types of things teams are doing now......

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tim-tebow-and-the-jets-the-wildcats-latest-incarnation-653511/#ixzz26dZKwoLZ

TheRuneMeister
09-16-2012, 09:04 AM
He doesn't run the wildcat. He is a QB. He runs a spread option type scheme when he is behind center. There is nothing special about it really. When he lines up in the slot..well its different...though slightly retarded.