PDA

View Full Version : Matchup to watch: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger vs. Jets S LaRon Landry

stillers4me
09-16-2012, 07:59 AM
How much time did the Steelers spend in their no-huddle offense in Denver?

Enough to use three wide receivers on 54 of their 71 plays against the Broncos, the second most by a National Football League team on opening weekend. The Steelers always use three wide receivers in their no-huddle offense, but that doesn't mean all the plays are passes. In fact, the Steelers attempted 45 passes against the Broncos and ran the ball 26 times.

Compare that to the pass-happy New Orleans Saints, who had just 10 running plays -- and 28 incompletions -- in their upset loss at home against the Washington Redskins.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/matchup-to-watch-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-vs-jets-s-laron-landry-653514/#ixzz26dYsxqZP

Moose
09-16-2012, 10:00 AM
I just hope Ben's 1 or 2 interceptions per game doesn't hurt us too much.

Edman
09-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I just hope Ben's 1 or 2 interceptions per game doesn't hurt us too much.

They will hurt plenty. Going back to last year, Ben was due at least a turnover a game either by fumble or INT. That :poop: needs to stop.

If he goes out and starts playing sandlot football, we're in for a long day. I liked what he had going last week in the no-huddle and the normal offense, getting rid of the ball quickly and keeping the Denver D on their heels, and he needs to keep that going, well into the Redzone.

Moose
09-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Exactly Edman ! The dink/dunk 5yrds at a time works. That's what Manning was doing with us in the 2nd half last week. LeBeau didn't know how to stop the dink/dunks and refused to change his defensive tactics. Ben needs to get away from Haley's KC tactics of run, run and pass routine ( which doesn't take a defense too long to figure out) and get into his own play calling and no-huddle. Score early and often all day long. As said earlier, Ben is always good for a turnover, usually the interception.

Edman
09-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Run-Run-Pass wasn't the reason we lost.

A Misfire to Heath Miller, A Pick 6, and the Defense's inability are the reasons we lost. If we replayed last week's game over again, I would be behind run-run-pass all over again.