PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Reports: James Harrison, Troy Polamalu Won't Play Vs Jets

86WARD
09-14-2012, 09:34 PM
For the first time in six years, the Steelers won't have either of their NFL Defensive Players of the Year in the starting lineup.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac, linebacker James Harrison (knee) and safety Troy Polamalu (calf) won't play Sunday against the New York Jets. Harrison and Polamalu are officially listed as questionable, but they haven't practiced all week.

The Steelers are fortunate that they have capable backups in linebacker Chris Carter and safety Ryan Mundy. What Pittsburgh loses is experience and playmaking ability.

Source: ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/63265/report-harrison-polamalu-are-out)

Steeldude
09-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Expect Lebeau to run a very passive defense on Sunday. The CBs will probably be 8 to 10 yards off the WRs. The Steelers will rush 3 to 4 men for most of the day.

polamalubeast
09-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Expect Lebeau to run a very passive defense on Sunday. The CBs will probably be 8 to 10 yards off the WRs. The Steelers will rush 3 to 4 men for most of the day.

of course,Lebeau is a idiot

86WARD
09-15-2012, 06:46 AM

And Sanchez will dink and dunk to Holmes and Hill all day...

polamalubeast
09-15-2012, 07:36 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

zulater
09-15-2012, 08:00 AM

I don't understand why Lebeau has the corners play so far off sometimes either? Against the Broncos, knowing Manning wasn't going to beat you on many if any deep balls, he had Lewis play 8-10 yards off the receivers more often than not.

Last year when we played the Patriots he played more press coverage, and it usually worked. So why do we go away from that when we play a guy who's arm strength is suspect?

steelpride12
09-15-2012, 08:02 AM
I just worry about Troys future. I know he has years left in his, but does he really? I mean it's an Aaron Smith in the making. Injuries every year solid for the past at least 4 I can remember and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Maybe that's why he was getting beat late in the Denver game.

Either way bad news against another pass happy team, but let's hope Sanchez has a sub-par game.

Steeldude
09-15-2012, 08:03 AM
of course,Lebeau is a idiot

If that's what you think you are entitled to it. Just remember, Lebeau admitted to running a passive defense when Polalmalu was out for the season.

So you think he is going to be aggressive? Why?

zulater
09-15-2012, 08:06 AM
If that's what you think you are entitled to it. Just remember, Lebeau admitted to running a passive defense when Polalmalu was out for the season.

So you think he is going to be aggressive? Why?

He needs to be aggressive, because being passive doesn't work for this team. I prefer the quick kill to the slow bleed of a death from 1000 cuts.

Steeldude
09-15-2012, 08:07 AM
I don't understand why Lebeau has the corners play so far off sometimes either? Against the Broncos, knowing Manning wasn't going to beat you on many if any deep balls, he had Lewis play 8-10 yards off the receivers more often than not.

Last year when we played the Patriots he played more press coverage, and it usually worked. So why do we go away from that when we play a guy who's arm strength is suspect?

It's very frustrating to watch. I hope they play press coverage. If I remember correctly, Lebeau said he plays them that far off hoping the offense makes a mistake. I don't get it. Why not force mistakes?

I feel the offense is going to have to win this one. The Steelers need 30+ points.

polamalubeast
09-15-2012, 08:27 AM
The CB of the steelers are not very good and it is for this reason why the Steelers can not be very aggressive

The Steelers were aggressive against Tebow and they give 316 yards to Tebow!...TEBOW

Also, very often, opposing QB is less than 60% of his passes completes, so the system is not bad, but the key to the system is pressure

All systems are bad without pressure

Iron Steeler
09-15-2012, 09:47 AM
This is going to be a long season if these two can't stay healthy

SteelerFanInStl
09-15-2012, 10:28 AM
The Steelers are fortunate that they have capable backups in linebacker Chris Carter and safety Ryan Mundy. What Pittsburgh loses is experience and playmaking ability.

Source: ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/63265/report-harrison-polamalu-are-out)

I don't think that either one is a capable backup. We've seen how bad Mundy is and Carter has very little experience as a starter.

SteelerFanInStl
09-15-2012, 11:03 AM
This is going to be a long season if these two can't stay healthy

agreed