PDA

View Full Version : Week #2 game

11angrymen
09-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Bringing my wife & daughter for their first trip to Pittsburgh to see the game. What are some of the sites we should take in. So far I'm doing the incline, Primanti bros. Have not been to Station Sure in a few years is that still a good spot to grab lunch on Saturday? Can't wait for game time!!

Count Steeler
09-14-2012, 03:08 PM
I recommend going along Penn Ave, known as the Strip District. Lot's of merchants, Steelers stuff, bakeries, etc.

Moose
09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Sounds good 11angrymen. There are many things to do in Pittsburgh. My daughter goes to college there( in her senior yr) and my wife and I love visiting. You already mentioned 2 good places. Station Square, I believe would be a good visit for you. There is the dancing fountain there ( water flows with the beat of music), plus there is many food places such as Hard Rock right there at the square.....there is good shopping ...and you can catch the incline right across the street (duquesne). There is a overlook up the incline which is a dynamite photo place. The Strip district is a must also if you want to do some good street shopping for thousands of Steeler merchandise, plus the Primanti Bros. restaurant is there. If you get there early Pam's diner is a must for breakfast. Another fine dinning is Church Brew Works on Liberty St. up the road from the Strip district...it's massive church changed into a brewery....awesome food and scenery inside. There are far too many eating places to just mention here, my wife and I have found some great places in our 4yrs going for weeks at a time, some are hole in the walls on side streets. The Science Museum is right across the street from Heinz Field, which I enjoyed. You and your family will have a great time I'm sure of it.....enjoy !

Count Steeler
09-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Of course, if you are doing the incline, make sure you give yourself some time to walk along Grandview Ave and take in all the look out points. Some of the best views of downtown Pittsburgh, Heinz Field etc. That street is very appropriately named.

X-Terminator
09-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Moose mentioned Pamela's Diner. It's less than a mile from where I work (diner is on Fifth. Ave at Atwood St. in Oakland) and I highly recommend it. Great food.

11angrymen
09-15-2012, 04:56 AM
Thanks All!
We are staying by the point. I planned on going up the Duquesne incline walking along grandview and then going down the monogahelia(sp?) incline. I think that puts me @ station square? We will do the strip district for dinner. Can't wait! GO Steelers!