PDA

View Full Version : Troy might not play Sunday....

polamalubeast
09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/steelers-thursday-injury-report-dwyer-practices-harrison-polamalu-dont/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

Jets vs steelers without Revis and Polamalu?...Possible

st33lersguy
09-13-2012, 03:33 PM
That would be extremely harmful

vader29
09-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was not on the injury report but reportedly had his right knee wrapped in ice following practice, according to Kaboly on Twitter.

Drama Queen. :chuckle:

Count Steeler
09-13-2012, 03:59 PM
This keeps up, this season will be a write off.

steeldawg
09-13-2012, 04:22 PM
come on man can we get our starting lineup on the field together for a change

polamalubeast
09-13-2012, 04:28 PM
come on man can we get our starting lineup on the field together for a change

impossible!!!!

Steelers Depot: LeBeau Makes It Sound Like Harrison & Polamalu Will Both Miss Jets Game

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/lebeau-makes-it-sound-like-harrison-polamalu-will-both-miss-jets-game/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

steeldawg
09-13-2012, 05:07 PM
impossible!!!!

Steelers Depot: LeBeau Makes It Sound Like Harrison & Polamalu Will Both Miss Jets Game

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/lebeau-makes-it-sound-like-harrison-polamalu-will-both-miss-jets-game/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

grrrrr do we ever catch a break?

polamalubeast
09-13-2012, 05:09 PM
grrrrr do we ever catch a break?

maybe that Revis will not play!

tube517
09-13-2012, 05:22 PM
LeBeau is just doing that hocus pocus. :chuckle:

Seriously, I hope this isn't a season long trend. Too many guys are banged up already. Maybe the bye week being so early will help. Who knows.

salamander
09-13-2012, 05:30 PM
It's only week two and I'm already seeing a disturbing trend...

stillers4me
09-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Go for the high draft pick.

:chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
09-13-2012, 06:18 PM
impossible!!!!

un-freaking-real! WTF is with all of the injuries this year?

Polamalu Princess
09-13-2012, 06:56 PM
This is terrible, I pray that it is just hype.

Shoes
09-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Worry and misery.....some enjoy it as a life mission.

st33lersguy
09-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Why can't the injury bug lay off the Steelers for once? If Harrison and Polamalu miss significant playing time, the Steelers will be watching the playoffs at home

X-Terminator
09-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, isn't this just fucking wonderful. :doh:

The offense had better bring their "A" game, or it could be a long late afternoon/evening.

Count Steeler
09-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Time for the starters in waiting to step up. Mr Allen or Mr Munday and Mr Carter or Mr Worilds, time to play some football.

steelerdude15
09-13-2012, 07:59 PM
It was to my understanding that James was playing this Sunday and that was coming from reliable sources.

steelreserve
09-13-2012, 08:00 PM
That would be a lot worse for us than it would for them. Revis is good but not invincible. If either of our starting safeties are out, LeBeau plays our whole defense in handcuffs for the entire game.

86WARD
09-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Revis is pretty much invincible...lol. If there's such thing as a lockdown corner in the NFL anymore, he's it.

It would definitely hurt the Jets more than the Steelers. Now you have to put Cromartie on Wallace and a 3 on Brown...

Galax Steeler
09-14-2012, 04:13 AM
We need to win this game in a bad way and without Troy and Harrison it would be a hard chore to do.

zulater
09-14-2012, 06:35 AM
The Steelers have to move on with the mindset that Harrison and Troy aren't going to be there to carry the load anymore. Whatever you get from them this season should be viewed as a bonus. Even when they play don't expect them to be the impact players they've been.

And we can win without them. But the offense has to become the driving force of this team for that to happen.

Iron Steeler
09-14-2012, 10:10 AM
The Steelers have to move on with the mindset that Harrison and Troy aren't going to be there to carry the load anymore. Whatever you get from them this season should be viewed as a bonus. Even when they play don't expect them to be the impact players they've been.

And we can win without them. But the offense has to become the driving force of this team for that to happen.

This

The rumors are true guys the Steelers are old. If we have to depend on two players to make out defense great then we are in trouble. It pains me to say this but harrison is riding on empty and Troy is slowing down a lot. We need to have some youth step up big this year.also us as fans we are going to have to come to accept the reality with the Steelers without Troy.

steeldawg
09-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Whats even worse is our bye week is week 4 which means after week 4 we have along stretch where we got to stay healthy and i dont know if we can do it.

steelreserve
09-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Revis is pretty much invincible...lol. If there's such thing as a lockdown corner in the NFL anymore, he's it.

It would definitely hurt the Jets more than the Steelers. Now you have to put Cromartie on Wallace and a 3 on Brown...

Are you kidding? Revis is the same as Nnamdi - a good corner, but opponents do half his job for him by not throwing at him because of his reputation. In the handful of games when I've seen teams challenge him, half the time he's up to the task and half the time he gets beaten like any other corner. There is no such thing as a lockdown corner; winning the battle a little bit more than average is as good as you're going to get.

That makes a hell of a lot less difference than having someone like Troy in the lineup. Especially when our defensive scheme magnifies his absence by switching to straight-up soft vanilla if he or Clark isn't playing.

polamalubeast
09-14-2012, 10:36 AM

If Revis plays, I read that Rex Ryan will put Revis on Brown and Cromartie on Wallace

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/09/jets_morning_run_james_harriso_1.html

Are you kidding? Revis is the same as Nnamdi - a good corner, but opponents do half his job for him by not throwing at him because of his reputation. In the handful of games when I've seen teams challenge him, half the time he's up to the task and half the time he gets beaten like any other corner. There is no such thing as a lockdown corner; winning the battle a little bit more than average is as good as you're going to get.

That makes a hell of a lot less difference than having someone like Troy in the lineup. Especially when our defensive scheme magnifies his absence by switching to straight-up soft vanilla if he or Clark isn't playing.

firstly...Revis >>>>>>> Nnamdi

secondly, it is true that Revis is invincible

I watch several jets game since 2009 and it is always a bad idea to attempt passes against Revis.....It is important that the steelers(Haley and Roethlisberger) are not stubborn against the jets

Count Steeler
09-14-2012, 01:15 PM
If Revis plays, I read that Rex Ryan will put Revis on Brown and Cromartie on Wallace

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/09/jets_morning_run_james_harriso_1.html

firstly...Revis >>>>>>> Nnamdi

secondly, it is true that Revis is invincible

I watch several jets game since 2009 and it is always a bad idea to attempt passes against Revis.....It is important that the steelers(Haley and Roethlisberger) are not stubborn against the jets

No one is invincible. I was watching the Bills/Jets game last year, the one that Stevie Johnson got fined for over celebration in the end zone. He absolutely schooled Revis all day. Fitzpatrick as the QB and Johnson as the WR. Everybody has a weakness, you just need to know how to exploit it.

The Duke
09-14-2012, 01:23 PM
No one is invincible. I was watching the Bills/Jets game last year, the one that Stevie Johnson got fined for over celebration in the end zone. He absolutely schooled Revis all day. Fitzpatrick as the QB and Johnson as the WR. Everybody has a weakness, you just need to know how to exploit it.

just the game I was about to mention. Completely agree. And it isn't based off one game either

he did have a hell of a revenge game against them on sunday though

Count Steeler
09-14-2012, 01:28 PM
just the game I was about to mention. Completely agree. And it isn't based off one game either

he did have a hell of a revenge game against them on sunday though

I think the Bills forgot that the game started at 1pm. They were horrible and Fitzpatrick was useless. The Buffalo radio was already clamoring to pull him and play Tarvaris Jackson. They are fed up with Fitz. The Bills haven't won a game since Halloween 2011.

st33lersguy
09-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I think the Bills forgot that the game started at 1pm. They were horrible and Fitzpatrick was useless. The Buffalo radio was already clamoring to pull him and play Tarvaris Jackson. They are fed up with Fitz. The Bills haven't won a game since Halloween 2011.

Talk about desperate. Of course Tarvaris Jackson is not the answer

polamalubeast
09-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Polamalu is OUT

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac

steelpride12
09-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Get ready for prevent defense all day.

polamalubeast
09-15-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm probably the only one thinking that the Steelers defense are going to have a very good game against the jets

Sanchez is not Peyton Manning

key:pressure on sanchez,no give a big play=13 points or less for the jets

salamander
09-15-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm probably the only one thinking that the Steelers defense are going to have a very good game against the jets

Anytime Polamalu is out, it always seems like Lebeau puts out a very passive defensive plan. It's like he's too afraid to let the D do it's thing. I understand Troy is a key component to the defense but you can't have a gameplan centered around ONE player.

polamalubeast
09-15-2012, 08:44 AM
The last game in the regular season against the jets, it was in 2010 without Polamalu....The defense allowed 13 points in this game.....The other 9 points were due to a TD on ST and a safety

Pressure on Sanchez will be the key

steelreserve
09-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Anytime Polamalu is out, it always seems like Lebeau puts out a very passive defensive plan. It's like he's too afraid to let the D do it's thing. I understand Troy is a key component to the defense but you can't have a gameplan centered around ONE player.

For that matter, whenever Clark is out, he puts out the same passive gameplan. Rush four guys, telegraph which ones they're going to be; drop everyone else into soft zone coverage, give a 10-yard cushion, and watch them cover poorly. Eventually the opponent figures out they can just pick us apart underneath and we're also totally ineffective against the run. We can barely beat the Chiefs or the Dolphins that way, let alone anyone good.

For some reason, whether Troy is healthy or not, this is also the defensive strategy we revert to whenever we play Brady or Manning, which obviously doesn't work either. I'm pretty sick of it.

Steelman
09-15-2012, 02:22 PM
For that matter, whenever Clark is out, he puts out the same passive gameplan. Rush four guys, telegraph which ones they're going to be; drop everyone else into soft zone coverage, give a 10-yard cushion, and watch them cover poorly. Eventually the opponent figures out they can just pick us apart underneath and we're also totally ineffective against the run. We can barely beat the Chiefs or the Dolphins that way, let alone anyone good.

For some reason, whether Troy is healthy or not, this is also the defensive strategy we revert to whenever we play Brady or Manning, which obviously doesn't work either. I'm pretty sick of it.

Except for last year's regular season game against the Pats. That was the most beautiful defensive outing I've ever seen. We played strong man coverage and Marsha was on his butt the entire game and got so frustrated he was throwing cups on the sideline. But you're right. I couldn't believe I was watching a Steeler defense last Sunday.

We gotta bring the house against Sanchez and never let up. Troy or no Troy.

steelreserve
09-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Except for last year's regular season game against the Pats. That was the most beautiful defensive outing I've ever seen. We played strong man coverage and Marsha was on his butt the entire game and got so frustrated he was throwing cups on the sideline. But you're right. I couldn't believe I was watching a Steeler defense last Sunday.

We gotta bring the house against Sanchez and never let up. Troy or no Troy.

That was the one exception in recent memory, yes. Arians also had the offensive gameplan of his life; I loved how we gave them a taste of their own medicine with dink-and-dunk cheapshot after dink-and-dunk cheapshot. I think that kept them on their heels and threw them off as much as anything.

The handful of games I can remember when we went all-out against Manning, Brady, etc., were the ones we won. I can't think of a single time when we played the sit-back and did anything besides embarrass ourselves.

polamalubeast
09-15-2012, 06:33 PM
The reason that the Steelers had won last year against Brady and Peyton Manning in 2005, is that the Steelers had put pressure on him

the gamplan is never good when you put no pressure against the elite QB

also, the CB steelers are not the best.....The loss against Tebow is the proof why the steelers can not be too aggressive

polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 06:25 PM
I was right

polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 06:25 PM
The last game in the regular season against the jets, it was in 2010 without Polamalu....The defense allowed 13 points in this game.....The other 9 points were due to a TD on ST and a safety

Pressure on Sanchez will be the key

I was right

polamalubeast
09-16-2012, 06:26 PM

sorry for my last 2 post

this is what I wanted to reveal!