PDA

View Full Version : Inside The Locker Room: Ben Roethlisberger

polamalubeast
09-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger talked during open locker room on Wednesday about the Jets defense, Darrelle Revis, the no-huddle and more.

How much do you have to pay attention to Jets CB Darrelle Revis when he’s on the field?
He’s a good player so you have to know where he’s at and what he’s doing.

Do you enjoy playing against elite cornerbacks like Revis?
You like a challenge. He’s one of the best to play the game at that position. We faced one last week in Champ Bailey and this is the same way.

Would you rather Revis sit out of this week’s game with a concussion?
No. It’s fun to challenge yourself and have the best out there. To be the best, you have to go against the best.

Does Revis change what you do as an offense?
No. It just makes you aware of where he is.

How would you evaluate the offense’s performance against Denver?
I thought we did pretty well on offense. We obviously had some negative plays but I thought we had a chance to win the game. We played well enough if I didn’t make a mistake at the end of the game.

Re: Having more freedom calling plays in the no-huddle:
A lot of those runs, even though we were in the no-huddle at the end of the first half and most of the second half, I was calling a lot of those runs. I think people need to realize that just because we’re in the no-huddle and we’re calling the plays doesn’t mean I’m calling all passes. We broke it down between runs and passes and it was pretty balanced. As a quarterback, you just want to call the best play, run or pass.

read more

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/09/12/inside-the-locker-room-ben-roethlisberger/

polamalubeast
09-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Re: Being sacked five times against Denver:

Yes, but on the last three they were pinning their ears and dropping everybody. It’s really two sacks that they got. That’s what I count. Sometimes they hurt. Sometimes they don’t.

Lou Donny
09-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Re: Being sacked five times against Denver:

Yes, but on the last three they were pinning their ears and dropping everybody. It’s really two sacks that they got. That’s what I count. Sometimes they hurt. Sometimes they don’t.

great point...the 3 late ones, yeah, they count on the stat sheet, but they didnt impact the games outcome IMO

Edman
09-13-2012, 02:24 PM
You look at the five sacks and you'd probably say the O-Line had a terrible game, no, they actually played pretty well and better than I expected. The Vaunted Denver Pass Rush was hardly a factor.

Lou Donny
09-13-2012, 02:38 PM
You look at the five sacks and you'd probably say the O-Line had a terrible game, no, they actually played pretty well and better than I expected. The Vaunted Denver Pass Rush was hardly a factor.

i say this comment with all due respect edman...the OL was acceptable (nothing better than that) prior to the injury to Foster.

But, the running game, the pass pro....everything at the LOS went bad once Legursky hit the field. There were snaps where little Dougie did not touch a single Bronco. Thats quite a feat considering they were running directly at him, oh and they started a foot in front of him too.

The tape doesnt lie