PDA

View Full Version : LaMarr Woodley: Pittsburgh Steelers 'won't be 0-2'

polamalubeast
09-13-2012, 09:26 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers haven't started a season 0-2 dating back to 2002, a figure that will be tested when the New York Jets visit on Sunday.

When a reporter reminded LaMarr Woodley about the streak, the Steelers linebacker cut in.

"We won't be 0-2," Woodley said, per Ken Laird of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Call it a guarantee of sorts (as Jets personnel men scurry for thumbtacks and space on the bulletin board).

Many imagined it would be New York struggling for its first win of the year in the unfriendly environment of Heinz Field, but coach Rex Ryan and his team burst out of the gate with a 48-28 win over the Buffalo Bills in the opener. Meanwhile, the Steelers looked human in a loss to Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos on Sunday night.

Pittsburgh isn't used to imploding out of the gate. And that nitpicked 0-2 team from a decade ago? They wound up 10-5-1 and champions of the AFC North. That's how it's been done in Pittsburgh for years -- children in that town know nothing of ugly seasons.

The Jets want to change all that on Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000061785/article/lamarr-woodley-pittsburgh-steelers-wont-be-02?campaign=Twitter_atl_sessler

suitanim
09-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Too bad this overpaid, overrated loser is slow, bad in contain, is fat, and doesn't hustle.

Bruce Arians!

Kordell Stewart!

GodfatherofSoul
09-13-2012, 09:46 AM
You start making guarantees, you'd better be the F-ing MAN on game day; win or lose.

suitanim
09-13-2012, 10:05 AM
You start making guarantees, you'd better be the F-ing MAN on game day; win or lose.

True. But I'm sure he'll get up to speed.

Let's be honest. The guy most all of us suspected was the weakest link in the LB corp had by far the best game. Foote had 9 tackles, 8 solos, 2 hits on the QB, 1 forced fumble, 1 sack, 1 pass defended and 1 TFL (the sack). He played a Helluva game. We get Harrison back, and Woodely up to snuff, and Foote keeps playing like these, we'll be in very good shape.

vader29
09-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Getting Harrison back will be huge, especially if he can get some holding calls called against the other teams from the new refs.

polamalubeast
09-13-2012, 11:13 AM
We will not be 0-2

https://twitter.com/LaMarrWoodley/status/246277918806921216

polamalubeast
09-13-2012, 11:19 AM
And for the steelers defense....RUSH the QB!!!!!

Steeltreal
09-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Getting Harrison back will be huge, especially if he can get some holding calls called against the other teams from the new refs.

because everyone loves seeing flags fly...

ALLD
09-13-2012, 02:41 PM
The guarantees and posing by other players after they get a first down. Save the celebrating for after winning the SB. You never saw Franco open up his mouth or point at his chest or act like a child after he scored a TD.

The best celebration was when Stallworth lifted Swann in the air as he pointed his #1 finger.

Steeldude
09-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Too bad this overpaid, overrated loser is slow, bad in contain, is fat, and doesn't hustle.

Bruce Arians!

Kordell Stewart!

I am still trying to figure why you think Kordell was a great QB who should have never been let go. It's almost as funny as when you said no matter how much weight a player gains he will never lose any speed...lol.

I didn't see much hustle out of Woodley on Sunday. He looked slow and out of shape. Yes, he does do a not-so-great job of containment.

polamalubeast
09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm not worried about Woodley

its beginnings of the season are never very good, but after he is a dominant player and he did a lot of hustle(only the stubborn will say the opposite)

it happens at least once a year that many panic after a bad game of Woodley

ALLD
09-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Woodley is a notoriously slow starter just like Holmes who only shows up for the playoff runs and post season.

Steeldude
09-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Let us see if Woodley shows up or disappears again. If he shows up then he did what he is paid to do. If he is absent again that is also ok because he is a slow starter :sofunny:

86WARD
09-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Woodley isn't a bad player. A bit overrated and "like" Wallace, he goes into hibernation at times.

Steeldude
09-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Woodley isn't a bad player. A bit overrated and "like" Wallace, he goes into hibernation at times.

I don't think Woodley is a bad player either, but he needs to stop his disappearing acts. He needs to show up for 16 games plus playoffs. I can think of 61,000,000 reasons why.

polamalubeast
09-15-2012, 08:30 AM
it is very difficult to be good 100% of its games

the important thing is not to have his worst game at the worst possible time and this is not a problem for Woodley

polamalubeast
09-15-2012, 08:32 AM
but I agree that he is not the best player in September, but too often he has overreactions, as after the game against the Texans last year

O'Malley
09-15-2012, 11:24 AM
I just can't wait to see starters on both sides of the ball... Now Troy is out as well... This season is shaping up to be interesting... Just giving backups actual game time experience... Too early to panic, I see it as starters getting rest to make the push at the end of the season..