PDA

View Full Version : REX: It'll Be Tough Sledding in Pittsburgh

stillers4me
09-12-2012, 07:52 PM
This week we’re playing Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh. This is our third time playing them, and our third time playing at Pittsburgh. It’s about as tough a place to play as there is in football. The fans are outstanding. Anytime I go into a stadium, I don’t know why I do this, but anytime I go into a visiting stadium and I’m hearing all the heckling, which is good, I always look at the jerseys. How many different players’ names do they have on them? They have [Jack] Lambert, [Terry] Bradshaw, Joe Greene, Mel Blount. They have Hines Ward. They have Jerome Bettis and then they have a million of their current players. [Troy] Polamalu, it seems like a ton of people have those. Most of the women out there, they’ll have the Polamalu jerseys or the Jack Lambert jerseys, obviously. But you go in there and it’s kind of neat to see. Then, "Man, we’re facing a good football team," with the Roethlisbergers and all that kind of jazz. I don’t know why I always look at them.

I don’t know why I’m bringing that up [laughter], but it’s Pittsburgh, so that’s it. We've had some great battles against these guys, lost two championship games — you don’t forget that. You have to go in there, this is as tough a place as we talk about playing in, and it’s based on the fact that they have an excellent football team and they get after it...........

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/REX-Itll-Be-Tough-Sledding-in-Pittsburgh/0992a0dd-ce7a-4ef6-92ca-1d54d34e2e4c

Galax Steeler
09-13-2012, 04:15 AM
We need to give him a real good reason to be scared.