PDA

View Full Version : NHL Lockout

Devilsdancefloor
09-12-2012, 05:38 PM
I think Bettman is a horrible Commish i have for years if this asshat allows another lockout i am really going to be pissed and i probably will not go to any games for a while. Am i the only one that feels this way??

Count Steeler
09-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah, pretty much could not care about the NHL anymore. I get a little interested around the playoffs for the Penguins and the Leafs. The Leafs and Bettman have pretty well destroyed any real desire to follow any closer.

fansince'76
09-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Maybe he can take notes from Der Kommissar. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
09-12-2012, 06:35 PM
We must not forget Donald Fehr on the other side

salamander
09-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I still have the AHL to look forward to regardless of what happens with the NHL this year. I'm good. :chuckle:

Devilsdancefloor
09-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I still have the AHL to look forward to regardless of what happens with the NHL this year. I'm good. :chuckle:

oh how i wish indy was still the farm team for the hawks they are a CHL team now and basically get b paid 2k plus all the beer they can drink. Id rather watch high school team. I used to be a huge baseball fan until they went on strike last time and well have no interest in it at all anymore. I hope that they get thsi worked out, bt it doesnt sound like it is gonna happen.

X-Terminator
09-13-2012, 12:58 PM
You are definitely not alone in that, DDF. I am in the process of selling off all of my season tickets - I do not intend to go to any games this season if there is a lockout of any duration. And given that a lot of fans are already apathetic with more becoming so every day, this would absolutely cripple the league. To me, it's just stupid, and if it happens, it really should be enough to get Bettman's dumb ass canned as it would be the 3rd lockout during his tenure. I don't know of any commissioner, owner or CEO of any other company that would survive 2 work stoppages and an entire fiscal year lost, let alone 3. If there is no NHL, I guess I'll have to tune into AHL games because I've read that both ROOT Sports and NBC Sports Network are considering airing them.

salamander
09-13-2012, 03:36 PM
You are definitely not alone in that, DDF. I am in the process of selling off all of my season tickets - I do not intend to go to any games this season if there is a lockout of any duration. And given that a lot of fans are already apathetic with more becoming so every day, this would absolutely cripple the league. To me, it's just stupid, and if it happens, it really should be enough to get Bettman's dumb ass canned as it would be the 3rd lockout during his tenure. I don't know of any commissioner, owner or CEO of any other company that would survive 2 work stoppages and an entire fiscal year lost, let alone 3. If there is no NHL, I guess I'll have to tune into AHL games because I've read that both ROOT Sports and NBC Sports Network are considering airing them.

The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pens will welcome you with open arms! We even have a shiny new jumbotron scoreboard in our arena to show off this season. :chuckle:

steelerdude15
09-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Well, both sides proposed new plans yet again, but both plans didn't go far with the other side. It would hurt the NHL, I mean look at how bad it hurt them four years ago. With many players saying they'll play in different countries, we may not see players coming back immediately (remember the issue with Geno and his contract with a Russian team after the last lockout). Pretty irritating if you ask me.

steelerdude15
09-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Anything new on the lockout? I haven't heard of anything.

venom
10-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Unless your a hardcore fan , people couldn't care less Hockey ever comes back. Now , if this was one of the other 3 major sports , it would be front page news . Its sad that there has been 4 league-wide work stoppages since 1992

Devilsdancefloor
10-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

This just in from the NHL-NHLPA labor front: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This is the latest i heard and he twitted this about a hr ago

salamander
10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4804784944776642&pid=1.7&w=146&h=147&c=7&rs=1 http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.5023819648204815&pid=1.7&w=146&h=147&c=7&rs=1

I'm not giving up on my "the AHL is still playing" fight. :lol:

Godfather
10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Bettman is a bafoon.

I thought they threw away a whole season just a few years ago in order to get "necessary" concessions from the players. So what's the problem now? Shouldn't the owners already have what they want?

steelerdude15
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Unless your a hardcore fan , people couldn't care less Hockey ever comes back. Now , if this was one of the other 3 major sports , it would be front page news . Its sad that there has been 4 league-wide work stoppages since 1992

It gets old. It hurts all the sports, but the lockouts have always affected the NHL worst than the other three. I wonder how bad its going to hurt the league this time, it was horrible back in 2005 when the they started to play again.

venom
10-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Another meting today in nYc - they better move fast before shutting down some regular season games

venom
10-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Well the first 2 weeks are cancelled. Great job by Buttman

86WARD
10-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Hockey is going to fall behind Soccer as a major sport...with this...possibly sooner than later.

It's already faaaaaaaaar behind NASCAR and faaaaaar behind the WWF...lol.

Devilsdancefloor
10-05-2012, 09:41 AM
im so sad about this I WANT HOCKEY!