PDA

View Full Version : Hearing from the Jets

polamalubeast
09-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Coach Rex Ryan

What do you have to do to beat the Steelers on Sunday?
I am glad we aren’t playing the AFC Championship game there, because I wouldn’t have an answer for you. I’ve lost two times on that field in an AFC Championship game. Pittsburgh is one of the hardest places to play. Their fans are fantastic. They are an outstanding football team, and they play extremely well at home. There are two stats that tell that story. They really jump out at me of what it’s like to play in Pittsburgh. Last year they had 35 sacks as a team. That ranked them right where we were, in the middle of the pack. But at home, they had 28 sacks. They would have ranked second in the NFL with that particular stat. They feed off that energy from the fans. It’s really a great place to play, a great atmosphere. The other thing is that I think Ben Roethlisberger has a 107.0 quarterback rating in Pittsburgh. That’s pretty impressive as well.

Re: Your cornerbacks matching up against the Steelers’ receivers:
We will find out. Their group is explosive. Their speed is incredible. I think Antonio Brown is one of the most underrated players in the league. He made the Pro Bowl last year as a returner but he is the only guy in NFL history, and I told my team this, to have 1,000 yards as a returner and in the same season have 1,000 yards as a receiver. That tells you what kind of athlete he is. Then they have Mike Wallace, who can blow the top off of a defense. Those two are impressive. Emmanuel Sanders doesn’t get as much attention as the other two, but he is a tremendous receiver in his own right.

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Hearing-from-the-Jets/2e76a8c9-1664-424a-843d-d482c2d1f575?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

polamalubeast
09-12-2012, 02:40 PM
28 of the 35 sacks of the Steelers in 2011 were at home!

Unbelievable!

GodfatherofSoul
09-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Ewww, only 7 sacks in road games?

polamalubeast
09-12-2012, 03:20 PM
this is a crazy stats!

CPanther95
09-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Apparently Rex's diet excludes crow.

slippy
09-12-2012, 03:31 PM
can't wait to see how rex handles the QB controversy in week 8 ...