PDA

View Full Version : Holmes: Steelers Game Circled Since Day One

polamalubeast
09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Santonio Holmes will make another return trip to Pittsburgh on Sunday. Holmes, a first-round (No. 25 overall) pick of the Steelers in 2006, spent his first four seasons with the Steelers before being dealt to the Jets in April of 2010.

“It was circled since Day One — September 16th,” he said of the Week 2 date in Pittsburgh. “It’s just a day that I get to go back and showcase everything to these guys. I enjoyed playing for the Steelers. I had great moments with those guys — even winning my first ever Super Bowl and contributing to being an MVP (XLIII). But now it’s time to do it for the team in green and white.”

This weekend marks the third time Holmes will enter Heinz Field a visitor. He caught six balls for 40 yards in the Jets’ first ever win in Pittsburgh — a 22-17 decision on Dec. 19, 2010. And five weeks later, he hauled in a 45-yard scoring reception in the second half of a bitter AFC Championship loss to the Steelers.

“Every moment that we left out there on the football field in the AFC Championship Game — I still think about it to this day,” he told me during an interview that will air on Thursday’s installment of “Jets Replay”. “And I know the first time I walk into that stadium, playing for a team other than the Pittsburgh Steelers, I took a victory. And every time I walked into that stadium from here on out, I would like to have a victory leaving out of there. I think this is a great group of guys who wants to do the same thing. No matter where they came from — we just have to beat the next team that’s in front of us.”

read more

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-InsideWithEA/Holmes-Steelers-Game-Circled-Since-Day-One/df296e4f-b21a-4083-86a1-18c633c002bb

Edman
09-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I think this game will be the first of many this year that tell us what kind of stuff this year's team is made of. They have a lot to answer for last Sunday.

Moose
09-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I agree Edman. Sunday's game was a big one, but if you really look at it, it had Denver written all over it. First and mainly, it was the tell all for Manning. All eyes in the sports world was on his come back result. What would he look like after a year off ? etc. Then you had the home field advantage. And of course the 'mile high' affect on the players. Then our team injuries and missing some key player's. If you really look how we played, it wasn't all that bad...considering all the above mentioned. If Ben wouldn't have thrown that pick 6, who knows what would have happened. I personally think a TD was in the making. ( well, I would like to think that anyway). A win would have been great, and it definitely would have shut up all the Manning lover's out there. But we weren't actually 'blown out'....i.e. cincy bungholes. I think the Jet's game will be a very interesting tale of our team make up for this year. The schedule isn't a easy one by any means. It's going to be a hard fought season for the Black/Gold. GO STEELER's ! ! !
Now, as far as Holmes goes, I would be willing to bet he wishes he was still in the Black/Gold. I think he has the making of a big day...if he plays the whole game, he knows our CB situation....or lack of. Hopefully Coach LeBeau has an answer.

Edman
09-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I know the Steelers were up against Manning, but they're sitting at 0-1. The Jets coming to town riding high on a huge win and likely smelling blood on the Steelers.

It's only one game, but the Steelers really have a lot of questions to answer for the upcoming weeks. Especially on Defense. Was Denver a sign of things to come? Is the Defense truly out of it? We'll see.

86WARD
09-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...wouldn't this be his third time coming in to Pittsburgh?

tube517
09-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...wouldn't this be his third time coming in to Pittsburgh?

You are correct. Regular season game in 2010. AFCC game in Jan 2011 were his first 2 games back.

Moose
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Yea, jets won 1 and lost 1.

Edman
09-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Yep, Santonio came back to Pittsburgh and he put on a show.

He showcased why the Steelers got rid of him for peanuts. What a punk.

86WARD
09-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Early on he was pretty much dominating the D on the field...Steelers buckled down, which was nice, and shut him down for the rest of the day.

st33lersguy
09-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Yep, you sure looked motivated to play today Smokey. I am glad he is gone. To say he had 1/10th the heart of his replacement Antonio Brown is a grave insult to Brown

fansince'76
09-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Well, Holmes IS the only real weapon they have in the passing game...

Psycho Ward 86
09-16-2012, 08:23 PM
how did that one work out santonio

86WARD
09-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Well, Holmes IS the only real weapon they have in the passing game...

Yesterday.

Could be argued that Keller > Holmes...

zulater
09-17-2012, 06:21 PM
I realize a lot of NFL receivers beg for a flag on every play. But none are worse than Holmes. When the real refs come back they ought to start flagging these clowns for demanding a flag when there wasn't anything close to illegal contact on the play.

7SteelGal43
09-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Yep, Santonio came back to Pittsburgh and he put on a show.

He showcased why the Steelers got rid of him for peanuts. What a punk.

^this

7SteelGal43
09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
how did that one work out santonio

:nod:

Texasteel
09-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I realize a lot of NFL receivers beg for a flag on every play. But none are worse than Holmes. When the real refs come back they ought to start flagging these clowns for demanding a flag when there wasn't anything close to illegal contact on the play.

If they did that they would have to carry two flags for Miss Brady, and you know that ain't going to happen.

Count Steeler
09-17-2012, 07:22 PM

In my book in comes under unsportsmanlike conduct. What an ass.

SteelGhost
09-17-2012, 08:55 PM
In some early plays Santo made Taylor look bad, thank God Ike got better :tt02:

tube517
09-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Wake and bake Tone :smokin: