PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the Best Thing I've Ever Seen On Bleacher Report

suitanim
09-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't agree with 100% of everything, but this is pretty spot-on...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1329656-steelers-vs-broncos-10-observations-following-pittsburghs-week-1-loss

steelers_switzerland
09-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Very good read! He brought a lot of stuff to the point.

zulater
09-13-2012, 05:38 AM
I haven't had a chance to re-watch the whole game yet on NFL rewind, I'm barely through the first quarter. Just up to the Steelers first field goal in fact.

Anyway what stands out to me early is that the Broncos were so much better in the trenches. Either the Steelers offensive line was physically overmatched, or they didn't have much idea what they were doing. Either way their play could be termed sporadic at best.

On the defensive side it was pretty evident that our front 7 wasn't as good as the people blocking them. A few times we schemed a mismatch and got a favorable play ( Worldis sack), but other than Larry Foote, no one was handling the guy in front of them very well.

Again though this is just barely a quarter into the game, so maybe it got better later?

suitanim
09-13-2012, 08:57 AM
I think the Bronco's are legit SB contenders for that very reason, Zu. They are VERY GOOD upfront on both sides of the ball. They have good skill players, and they upgraded their secondary this year. Obviously Manning is an upgrade of biblical proportions at QB (sorry, couldn't resist). But it all starts up front, and they are very good along the lines.

Lou Donny
09-13-2012, 11:50 AM
I think the Bronco's are legit SB contenders for that very reason, Zu. They are VERY GOOD upfront on both sides of the ball. They have good skill players, and they upgraded their secondary this year. Obviously Manning is an upgrade of biblical proportions at QB (sorry, couldn't resist). But it all starts up front, and they are very good along the lines.

hehe
cue deniro from analyze this...."You. Your good you."

zulater
09-14-2012, 04:30 PM
The claim by the author that the pass Ben threw to A. Brown in the endzone that Champ Bailey defensed was reckless is absurd, or better yet plain stupid. If you're going to score via the pass inside the 5 you have to throw into tight windows. Ben and Brown were in perfect synchrony on that play and 8 out of 10 times that will result in a touchdown when executed that well. But on this particular play Bailey made a great play on the ball and it was incomplete.

You take that out of the arsenal and we wont ever score 20 points in a game this year. Dumb dumb dumb!