PDA

View Full Version : Silver linings. Steelers who didn't suck.

zulater
09-09-2012, 11:20 PM
I know Marianne used to do game ball thread after losses. God rest her soul, but I just can't put it that way, so instead I'll call it silver linings. You know, like how you can sometimes see a silver lining in a dark storm cloud.

Anyway here's mine.

Heath Miller. Outside of one bogus holding call Heath got the job done tonight. Both as a blocker and catching passes.

HollywoodSteel
09-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I know Marianne used to do game ball thread after losses. God rest her soul, but I just can't put it that way, so instead I'll call it silver linings. You know, like how you can sometimes see a silver lining in a dark storm cloud.

Anyway here's mine.

Heath Miller. Outside of one bogus holding call Heath got the job done tonight. Both as a blocker and catching passes.

Suisham. I loved the touch backs. Larry foote. He showed hustle.

Devilsdancefloor
09-09-2012, 11:26 PM
I like it Zu!!

Silver Lining: Max Starks & Mike Adams play really well against 2 of the best pass rushers

Dingy Lining: Defensive Unit

tube517
09-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Sushishamwow for the kicks out of the end zone and 100% FG and PATs on the road.

Earl for being my XFactor pick of the game and coming through.

fansince'76
09-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Antonio Brown certainly didn't suck.

Shoes
09-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Miller & AB ......gutsy play by them both.

zulater
09-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Ben didn't suck. Well except for a couple plays. :doh:

polamalubeast
09-09-2012, 11:34 PM
The big problem was the beginning of the game on offense and the defense against the no-huddle

For the rest, the steelers don't sucks

steelreserve
09-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Troy for making Manning poop his pants three times in a row just by running up to the line and looking scary. That was undoubtedly the highlight of the game.

Brown had a pretty awesome individual effort.

The defense sucked dog shit.

SteelerFanInStl
09-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Dwyer was running hard all night. Heath looked great and so did AB.

Austin87
09-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Heath, AB, Wallace, Starks and Pouncey looked good.

The goat goes to Legursky. Don't know why he is still on the team.

The defense didn't play well, but the went up against Manning and they did it without Clark or Harrison. Makes it hard to judge them.

Steeldude
09-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Polamalu looked good. At least he was giving effort. I can't say the same for the rest of the defense.

fansince'76
09-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Silver lining: we only gave up 94 yards rushing and 3.5 YPC. It seemed like SO much more...

bayz101
09-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Ben Roethlisberger and Larry Foote.

PS: I could kick one out of the endzone in Denver. Let's see him do it in Pittsburgh.

Steeldude
09-10-2012, 03:13 AM
Ben Roethlisberger and Larry Foote.

PS: I could kick one out of the endzone in Denver. Let's see him do it in Pittsburgh.

BR didn't look so swift to me. A number of bad passes and missed WRs. I wouldn't give him an F, but he doesn't get an A or B either.

bayz101
09-10-2012, 03:26 AM
BR didn't look so swift to me. A number of bad passes and missed WRs. I wouldn't give him an F, but he doesn't get an A or B either.

Accuracy won't be 100% one game into the season, but he's definitely throwing the ball FAST. I'd estimate somewhere in the low fifty mph range. Gunslinger tonight.

Galax Steeler
09-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Wallace didn't look to bad considering the amount of time he has put into it.

zulater
09-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Polamalu looked good. At least he was giving effort. I can't say the same for the rest of the defense.

Giving effort, but to what effect? I don't think he looked good at all. Manning certainly didn't seem to have any trouble locating and negating Troy any time it mattered.

Count Steeler
09-10-2012, 04:49 AM
The offense was OK and showed rays of hope, understanding that a new OC is installing a new offense and is not yet firing on all cylinders.

The defense, very discouraging. If Clark makes that much difference in our D, we need to lock him up.

Pretty good test coming this weekend with the Jets coming to town, and you know who.

86WARD
09-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Miller, Brown, Dwyer on O.

ALLD
09-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Miller was most consistent and AB showed up to win. Ben made some genius throws and he also missed a few routine ones like to Miller in the EZ when we settled for the first FG.

*It appeared after all the ticky tack calls on the Steelers that the refs definitely looked the other way on Mannings first TD when #29 was held. The refs also missed a facemask on Ben. They definitely set the tone for the game, but a good team would have risen above it.

ALLD
09-10-2012, 02:20 PM
No Potsie.

steeldawg
09-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Wallace, Miller, and Foote

st33lersguy
09-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Big Ben was solid, Heath was good, and Dwyer ran the ball hard.

Steeldude
09-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Giving effort, but to what effect? I don't think he looked good at all. Manning certainly didn't seem to have any trouble locating and negating Troy any time it mattered.

He was doing most of the work on defense. Manning didn't have any trouble because the other 10 didn't help. Did you see how Manning was concerned at where Polamalu was on the field?

Psycho Ward 86
09-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Larry Foote played about as tenaciously and with as much speed as ive ever seen him. Even in his 1st stint with the steelers

stillers4me
09-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Funny how everyone rags on our D for being old (cough cough Warren Sapp) yet it was Larry Foote that had eight tackles, including one for loss, plus a sack for a loss of 5 yards, a pass defensed and two quarterback pressures.

HollywoodSteel
09-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Funny how everyone rags on our D for being old (cough cough Warren Sapp) yet it was Larry Foote that had eight tackles, including one for loss, plus a sack for a loss of 5 yards, a pass defensed and two quarterback pressures.

This. Why are some people so hesitant to give Foote credit? I'll admit that I didn't expect much from him this season but he looked like an upgrade to last year's Farrior.

Troy was okay, but his screw up going under instead of over the block was the reason for that huge catch and TD run. He said so himself in an interview.

steelpride12
09-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Other than the OL most of the offense didn't suck. Ben played good early and great in the no huddle
AB looked fantastic, saw a few good things from Sanders and Wallace
Heath, getting the recognition he deserves!
Dywer>Redman last night.

SteelGhost
09-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Heath, Dwyer and Ben. Mike Adams played decently.

On defense .... VERY hard to pick ... maybe Foote and Troy in some plays :noidea:

pepsyman1
09-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Larry Foote stood out to me. Early on until Manning really got going, he seemed to be involved in every play. Timmons and Woodley, not so much.

Psycho Ward 86
09-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Timmons looked awfully slow. Didnt look like one of the most athletic ILB's in the league that Butler was talking about. And i forgot to give props to Dwyer on a couple of those runs. Ive been siding with Redman ever since Mendenhall went down but if Dwyer runs as tenaciously as he did on Sunday, things are looking up for him. He's starting to run like he did at Georgia Tech.

stillers4me
09-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Silver lining: Ok. We lost a primetime game to a future hall of fame QB. The Bengals suffered a good ole fashioned ass whoopin' on Monday night primetime to this man.........

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgqceSkSGxq3C3SyCMBCYERmEirBBDU L2DNyo4bHUejKCjYwRSbg

cold-hard-steel
09-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Mike Tomlin!!!! And the refs.