PDA

View Full Version : Next Week: N.Y Jets.

Edman
09-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Well, the debacle is over. Time to move on.

Steelers Home Opener and the Jets coming to town. If the Defense makes Sanchez look great, we're in trouble.

fansince'76
09-09-2012, 10:51 PM
If the Defense makes Sanchez look great, we're in trouble.

This. I had a feeling we were going to drop this one anyway.

JayC
09-09-2012, 10:54 PM
not going to dwell on tonight's debacle although it has killed my excitement for the nfl season a bit after watching 10 hours of football today for it to end that way. manning is a top 5 QB still and he proved it tonight. let's see how we perform at home after a loss. if they suck ass i'll be worried

Carolina Steelers
09-09-2012, 10:55 PM
19 pts isnt going to get it done against many NFL teams including the jets

SteelerEmpire
09-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Well, the debacle is over. Time to move on.

Steelers Home Opener and the Jets coming to town. If the Defense makes Sanchez look great, we're in trouble.

No. Tebow will play and finish us off as part of this new sweep thing going on by anything remotely Bronco related...

polamalubeast
09-09-2012, 11:18 PM
I was not confident before the game against the broncos and they lost

For the game against the jets, if the steelers avoid turnovers for the offense and put a lot of pressure on Sanchez, the Steelers will win

I am confident about this game

steel9guy
09-09-2012, 11:21 PM
The Steelers are gonna beat the living crap out of the jets

X-Terminator
09-10-2012, 12:16 AM
I think they beat the Jets. They dropped 48 on a terrible Bills team...not impressed by that at all. Plus, you have to think everyone will be pretty pissed off, especially the defense...AND they get Clark and maybe Harrison back. That will not bode well for Model Boy.

NCSteeler
09-10-2012, 08:21 AM
I think they beat the Jets. They dropped 48 on a terrible Bills team...not impressed by that at all. Plus, you have to think everyone will be pretty pissed off, especially the defense...AND they get Clark and maybe Harrison back. That will not bode well for Model Boy.

I think they will do much better if only for being at home vs a long trip to a night game in Mile High. On a side note about the Jets Bills, Mario may sound like a whiner this morning about no calls on the Jets Oline, but I watched a lot of games yesterday where the olines were given alot of room and Ds were not coming up with sacks. If that turns out to be the case again this week, our guards better learn to hold

PalmerSteel
09-10-2012, 10:26 AM
who thinks dwyer deserves more carries then redman in next week's game? i do.

tube517
09-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Jets always play the Steelers tough, even in Heinz field. This won't be a cakewalk. I hope I am wrong

Sent from a jive turkee

suitanim
09-10-2012, 10:36 AM
This year the scheduling Gods did us no favors. Denver is a mighty tough place to play. We usually struggle with the Jets, even at home, and then we're on the road ALL the way out to the West Coast for a trip to Oakland, before an early bye week (which I initially hated, but now think with all our injuries may actually do us a favor). I definitely think we can carry a 2-1 record into the bye, but would not be totally shocked if we were 1-2.

This is a tough schedule this year. There's no "easy patch". After the bye, we host the Eagles, and their defense has given us fits recently. Then back-to-back road games against the Titans and Bengals. Then back home against a resurgent RGIII led Redskins team, then on the road against defending Super Bowl champs the Giants.

The good news is we only have maybe two QB's of Manning's stature left on the schedule. The bad news is that even teams like KC, San Diego and Dallas seem to be much-improved from last year.

Moose
09-10-2012, 08:46 PM
This year the scheduling Gods did us no favors. Denver is a mighty tough place to play. We usually struggle with the Jets, even at home, and then we're on the road ALL the way out to the West Coast for a trip to Oakland, before an early bye week (which I initially hated, but now think with all our injuries may actually do us a favor). I definitely think we can carry a 2-1 record into the bye, but would not be totally shocked if we were 1-2.

This is a tough schedule this year. There's no "easy patch". After the bye, we host the Eagles, and their defense has given us fits recently. Then back-to-back road games against the Titans and Bengals. Then back home against a resurgent RGIII led Redskins team, then on the road against defending Super Bowl champs the Giants.

The good news is we only have maybe two QB's of Manning's stature left on the schedule. The bad news is that even teams like KC, San Diego and Dallas seem to be much-improved from last year.

Who's the 1 in 1-2 record ?

Psycho Ward 86
09-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Not impressed? Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams are pro-bowl talents and look what the jets did to that. And Mark Anderson is an underrated lineman as well. Spiller dropped 170 on them and look at the end result. This game should be a mindblowing pain in the ass throughout. It's only been one week but any team that can score 48 points should NOT be taken lightly

suitanim
09-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Who's the 1 in 1-2 record ?

Either Jets or Raiders. We generally haven't played well against the Jets at home, and we usually struggle out West against the Raiders. I can't see us going 0-3, though...

GBMelBlount
09-11-2012, 07:02 AM
19 pts isnt going to get it done against many NFL teams including the jets

Not unless the defense steps it up.

We went 12-4 averaging just 20 ppg last year.

polamalubeast
09-11-2012, 12:55 PM
it's never easy to play against the jets(in 2010,lost 22-17 and win 24-19 in AFC title game)....Their defense is very good and the jets offense scored a lot of points against the Bills

The steelers must be ready to win this game

But I think the Steelers can create turnovers if they put pressure on Sanchez...I still think the bad game in defense against Denver was because of Manning, but if they have a bad game against the jets, it will be worrying

On offense, they need to make big play...I do not think the Steelers have made a big play against the broncos(a play of 30 yards or more)..It is difficult to score points without a big play

also, the offense must start better and finish better the game!

venom
09-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Its getting ugly here in my workplace with these losers of Jets fans . Please God , let the Steelers win by 20 or more !!

polamalubeast
09-11-2012, 01:00 PM
if the steelers won by 1 point,I will be happy

suitanim
09-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Not unless the defense steps it up.

We went 12-4 averaging just 20 ppg last year.
Seven of those wins were at home, and we averaged 25 points at home. It was a LOT worse on the road...