PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: No airport contracts for Wallace, Mendenhall

stillers4me
09-09-2012, 08:36 AM
There apparently was no airport contract signing for wide receiver Mike Wallace before the Steelers departed for Denver on Saturday. Or for running back Rashard Mendenhall.

Last year, the Steelers signed safety Troy Polamalu to a new contract as they sat on the tarmac waiting for their trip to Baltimore. The team has a policy of not negotiating contracts during the season, and it starts Sunday.
Wallace held out for 35 days before reporting to the Steelers and signing his $2.742 million tender.

He could become an unrestricted free agent by playing out the season, but the Steelers have the option of designating him as their franchise player in 2013. Wallace is gambling that he can make up the extra money he likely would have made this season — perhaps $7 million or more — in a future deal.

“I’m not thinking about a contract,” said Wallace, who didn’t practice until Monday. “I’m just trying to get back to my guys.”.........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2566013-85/steelers-wallace-season-contract-dumervil-airport-broncos-contracts-denver-guys#ixzz25ymUi8Oh

steelreserve
09-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Wallace is gambling that he can make up the extra money he likely would have made this season — perhaps $7 million or more — in a future deal.

Now that they put it that way ... probably not going to happen. Especially with the franchise tag coming next season. Nice job, you total dumbass.