PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed on the PUP List ( wont play against the Steelers )

venom
07-21-2010, 07:55 PM
When the Baltimore Ravens open their season against the New York Jets on "Monday Night Football", safety Ed Reed might be a spectator instead of a participant.
Reed, who is recovering from offseason hip surgery, told a Baltimore radio station that he would begin training camp on the physically unable to perform list and likely will remain there when the season starts.
If Reed begins the season on the PUP list, by NFL rules he would miss the Ravens' first six games. In that scenario, his first game would be against the Buffalo Bills on Oct. 24.
"I'm going to be on the PUP list for a minute, and I'm not letting them take me off like they did last time without telling me," Reed said Wednesday in an interview with 105.7 The Fan, according to the Times. "I'm just rehabbing. It's a slow process. I'm going to get out there when I feel good. I can't give you a date. I don't know."
He acknowledged that he'll likely remain on the PUP list when the season starts.
"Of course, definitely. It's going to be challenging opening up with the schedule we have whether I'm there or not. It's leaning that way more than anything. Hopefully, we can weather the storm. We have great players around us to get through those games and be able to make a run," he said, according to the Carroll County Times.
He said he is not trying to rush back from his surgery.
"I had to reconstruct my whole hip. It's not something where I can say, 'I'm going to be back.' I'm not coming back until I'm well and ready. I don't care what anybody says. I know I can play football. I'm going to take my time with this and be sure," Reed said, according to the Times.
Reed, a six-time Pro Bowl selection (including last season), was the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in 2004 and has 46 career interceptions with 11 defensive touchdowns (nine INT returns and two fumble recoveries).

tony hipchest
07-21-2010, 07:59 PM
good for him. he gets to hold out (for even a bigger deal) w/o the indignity of actually holding out.

Psycho Ward 86
07-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Out of courtesy i have to wish him all the best, but at the same time, i hope he's not healthy enough to play against us at the beginning of the season. The ravens are going to be tough enough to play against as it is.

Then again.....Zbikowski is coming along a lot better than everyone outside of the organization initially thought..

SirHulka
07-22-2010, 05:56 AM
"might" be.

We'll know for sure when the season starts.

BuddhaBus
07-22-2010, 07:39 AM
It's a good thing for him. Hines would probably just put him there permanently anyway. :chuckle:

SirHulka
07-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Correct. We all know Ward is the dirtiest player in the league. He' probably go for the hip first play.

:sarcasm:

The Duke
07-22-2010, 08:51 AM
It's a good thing for him. Hines would probably just put him there permanently anyway. :chuckle:

lol, Reed's scared of Hines, that's why he wants the PUP :chuckle:

Hope all the best for Reed, he's a heck of a player. But at the same time, leftwich/dixon need all the help they can get those first four games

Killer
07-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Word on the street is he'll miss half the year - at least. He's their "Troy".

So they went 9-7 with him last year - - - I'd say they're looking at 6-10 now