PDA

View Full Version : Harrison not likely to play Sunday night

LLT
09-08-2012, 05:08 AM
September 8, 2012
Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

James Harrison would not classify his latest issue with his knee as a setback, even though the Pro Bowl outside linebacker is not expected to play Sunday night in Denver.

Harrison did not practice for the second day in a row Friday and is listed as questionable on the team's official injury report.

He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Chris Carter, who has been working at right outside linebacker since minicamp because of injuries to Harrison (knee) and top backup Jason Worilds (wrist).

This is the third time since spring that Harrison has had a comeback halted by a knee problem. In his other attempts -- once at minicamp, once at training camp -- his knee swelled each time he tried to cut on it.

Harrison said Friday he did not suffer a setback this time, nor is he worried about his knee.

"No, it's just sore," Harrison said. "The soft tissue just hasn't healed up."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-harrison-not-likely-to-play-sunday-night-652389/#ixzz25s6KBa7n

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2012, 09:40 AM
That sucks.

Moose
09-08-2012, 10:02 AM
If it takes another week to rest in order to be HEALTHY for the rest of season, then rest !!

steelpride12
09-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't care if it takes 6 weeks, he should not be on the field until he is 100% or we could be talking about his career on the line, not just missing a couple games!

Craic
09-08-2012, 01:04 PM
I agree, rest him. But we also need to keep in mind that we're seeing the end of another great player coming up. It's a shame that it took him so long to get to this place, but nevertheless, it's been a great joy watching him. And no, I'm not writing his eulogy yet. He may have another year, maybe two or three left in him, but with all the time he's been missing lately, you know it's coming.

Count Steeler
09-08-2012, 01:10 PM
34 Years Old and more and more physical problems does not bode well for Harrison. Let's win #7 this year because Harrison does not have many games left.

Moose
09-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Maybe NOT being able to play the way he is used to playing ( thanks to Roger Goddamnit ) Harrison may stick around longer.

Steeldude
09-09-2012, 07:41 AM
I hope the secondary is ready. With a weakened pass rush it's going to be a long game for them.