PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Depot: Stephen A. Smith Blast Ike Taylor & James Harrison On ESPN First Take

polamalubeast
09-07-2012, 07:41 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/stephen-a-smith-blast-ike-taylor-james-harrison-on-espn-first-take/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

Craic
09-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Not really happy about Taylor's retort via twitter. I'd rather have him retort by shutting down his man on Sunday, or give a short, pithy "Watch all my tape before you judge." What he did say, just sounded like another thug. Sad, since that really isn't the Taylor we know.

fansince'76
09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
2 questions regarding Stephen A. Smith:

1. This clown still has a job?

2. Why?

polamalubeast
09-07-2012, 08:26 PM
When a person says that you not deserve to be in the NFL because of one game is insulting

I not blame Taylor to have made ​​his comment, especially because that Stephen A. Smith is a clown(NBA and NFL)

zulater
09-07-2012, 08:31 PM
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith

Steven A's doing a faster backpedal than a defensive back on twitter as I type this. :heh:

BuzzBomb
09-07-2012, 08:37 PM
It's pretty easy for an idiot like Stephen "I give him an F" Smith to sit in the studio and talk smack. He honestly thinks these players owe him something. He enjoys his free-ride through life because it is his job to be controversial.

As for Ike's response, I don't disagree with his thoughts but I agree with Preacher in that Ike should let his play speak for itself.

The part I took offense to was this part from Smith:

"He's not talking to the media, which is something that Commissioner (Roger) Goodell should visit," said Smith. Who do you think you are? Play football, answer the questions and go home."

Maybe Smith would like to discuss his opinion directly with Coach Tomlin, since it was his directive for players to dial back the discussion of injuries outside the locker room.

Craic
09-07-2012, 08:48 PM
It's pretty easy for an idiot like Stephen "I give him an F" Smith to sit in the studio and talk smack. He honestly thinks these players owe him something. He enjoys his free-ride through life because it is his job to be controversial.

As for Ike's response, I don't disagree with his thoughts but I agree with Preacher in that Ike should let his play speak for itself.

The part I took offense to was this part from Smith:

"He's not talking to the media, which is something that Commissioner (Roger) Goodell should visit," said Smith. Who do you think you are? Play football, answer the questions and go home."

Maybe Smith would like to discuss his opinion directly with Coach Tomlin, since it was his directive for players to dial back the discussion of injuries outside the locker room.

Good way of putting it. I don't disagree with his thoughts either. I just don't like the way he put them out there, because IMO, Ike Taylor is a much better person that. I think he tweeted out of frustration.

Craic
09-07-2012, 08:52 PM
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith

Steven A's doing a faster backpedal than a defensive back on twitter as I type this. :heh:

Read the rest of it, it really wasn't that much of a backpedal. He apologized for saying "banished from the league" but then went on to rip him about letting Tebow throw on him, and said that if he does it again, he'll get ripped on again. That's not much of a backpedal from where I stand.

zulater
09-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Good way of putting it. I don't disagree with his thoughts either. I just don't like the way he put them out there, because IMO, Ike Taylor is a much better person that. I think he tweeted out of frustration.

Hell Preach, we get heated in here at times, even you've been provoked into the occasional "F-bomb". :chuckle:, or so I've heard. ( :wink02: ) So imagine what it's like to hear that jackal Screamin A demeaning you on national t.v.

If you've got pride you're gonna react, and maybe not as cordially as you should.

Pete The Greek
09-07-2012, 09:33 PM
A-hole Smith is probably backpedaling because his team in the NFL is the Steelers. Shame.

Can't you blame Ike? He knows that game was one of the worst games he has ever played and is probably sick of hearing it.

tube517
09-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Some of this goes back to the Ryan Clark - Stephen A Smith argument earlier this year.

Still more reasons to not watch BSPN.

TheRuneMeister
09-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Never heard of the guy before, but after reading his tweets I'm quite shocked that this guy has a job? How is that possible?

Devilsdancefloor
09-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Isnt this assclown from philly? anyway i am sure Ike is a proud man and to hear about the worst game you played OVER and OVER has got to be eating at him. Plus this guy thinks he should be banned from playing in the NFL? It would push my buttons and i am sure that is exactly what he wanted to do to Ike.

Count Steeler
09-08-2012, 09:00 AM
We should have an over/under on how many times the Broncos winning touchdown is shown this weekend. I bet every time they talk about the Steelers on the pregame shows, they will play that TD. On the NBC broadcast alone they will probably show it 3-5 times.

SteelerEmpire
09-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Ryan Clark got into it with this guy not long ago as well...
-----

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith took Taylor to the shed on ESPN's First Take Friday, saying among other things, "I didn't know he was allowed back in the NFL after the way he performed against the Denver Broncos... Taylor fired back...

LINK: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/8/3302779/steelers-ike-taylor-stephen-a-smith-first-take-espn-comments

http://a.espncdn.com/i/espnradio/stations/la/podcasts/stephen_smith_300.jpg

stillers4me
09-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Ike can fire back with a pick 6 tonight.

Hope he didn't peak a game too early. :lol:

Count Steeler
09-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, Stephen Smith should be on ignore.

Of course, we all know what his middle initial stands for. A.

Hammer67
09-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Ike needs to have better grammar if he wants to compete with a journalist in trading barbs.

He should ignore the dude...he is a basketball commentator on ESPN.

SteelerEmpire
09-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Ike needs to have better grammar if he wants to compete with a journalist in trading barbs.

He should ignore the dude...he is a basketball commentator on ESPN.

It was kind of painful trying to read those tweets...lol.

SteelerFanInStl
09-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Stephen A. Smith needs to keep his mouth shut. There's too many people like him that spout stupid shit all the time just to try to cause controversy. According to him, I guess that no one is allowed to have a bad game.

Moose
09-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Damn, that was hard reading. Proof read Ike !

salamander
09-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Shut him up, Ike, with a great game tonight.

86WARD
09-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Why waste your time Ike?

Bluecoat96
09-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah, Stephen Smith should be on ignore.

Of course, we all know what his middle initial stands for. A.

Now THAT would be a fun thread topic. Guess what the A stands for-

I'll go first

Anal-warts.

Nadroj 20
09-09-2012, 11:07 AM
I will say that Stephen A. Smith > Skip Bayless, but that isn't hard to do.

X-Terminator
09-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Already posted, threads merged.

The WH
09-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Get this man some Cheese Doodles!!!

Butch
09-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Stephen "Ant penis" Smith and that's an insult to ants!!!

SteelGhost
09-09-2012, 07:07 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/no_talent_ass_clown_tshirt-p235436681285295702uojo_400.jpg

Steeldude
09-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Never heard of him.

Steeldude
09-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Taylor needs to live up to his trash talking and on-the-field celebrations.