PDA

View Full Version : Steelers place David DeCastro on Reserve/Injured

polamalubeast
09-07-2012, 02:06 PM
#Steelers place David DeCastro on IR/designated to return list to make room for VanDyke

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/244148891363205120

86WARD
09-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Good move.

zulater
09-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Good move.

Unless Troy, or Ben, or Woodley, or Wallace, or Brown or Pouncey etc... get a 2 month injury in the next month or so.

Personally I would have preferred they write this year off for David and saved that designation for a real emergency for a player that's actually vital to our playoff chances, rather than just a depth luxury.

86WARD
09-07-2012, 03:04 PM
I believe, and I could be wrong, that this rule is only applicable to players that were injured preseason. I don't think anyone after that can be tagged like that or anyone injured before...but like I said, I could've heard wrong.

7willBheaven
09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
I believe, and I could be wrong, that this rule is only applicable to players that were injured preseason. I don't think anyone after that can be tagged like that or anyone injured before...but like I said, I could've heard wrong.

I've never heard this...but I too could be wrong, haha.

And for those saying oh no what if some other "big player" gets a short term injury....jeee...just put them on the inactive list like they do with any other injuries...I think they will be fine even if there are other injuries...it wont be the end of the world. They apparently like him that much and believe he will be good to go/etc thats why they did it. I trust in the team...they know what they're doing...they're not just a bunch of MB coach/owner/etc wanna be's, hahaha

86WARD
09-07-2012, 03:33 PM
^^^ lol...