PDA

View Full Version : Steelers in capable hands with Redman

LLT
09-06-2012, 05:51 AM
By Mike Bires
mbires@timesonline.com

PITTSBURGH -- Just as overtime began in last season’s wild-card game in Denver, Isaac Redman visualized the game-winning score. In his mind’s eye, he saw himself crossing the goal line with the ball in his hand.

But as Redman limbered up, fully expecting the defense to hold, he heard the home crowd erupt in joy. Just 11 seconds into OT, Tim Tebow threw an 80-yard TD pass to Demaryius Thomas that stunned the Steelers, 29-23.

“I was actually visualizing scoring a touchdown as (Thomas) was running for the touchdown,” Redman said.

“I wasn’t even watching the play. I was on the sideline stretching and getting my legs together. I visualized me and my teammates celebrating in the end zone. But then I heard the crowd going crazy. I turned around, I saw what was happening and said ‘Oh, man.’”

All of a sudden, the Steelers’ championship hopes were dashed and Redman’s terrific performance in Denver became a postscript in the post-game analysis. The Steelers getting Tebowed was the big story of wild-card weekend.

Read More: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-in-capable-hands-with-redman/article_ff7b7bed-e34c-50be-8155-2bf131e33663.html