PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2012: Ben at his peak

LLT
09-06-2012, 05:46 AM
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:24 pm
By Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com Timesonline.com

Ben Roethlisberger already owns a resume worthy of Hall of Fame consideration. But at age 30, he believes he has so much more to accomplish. He hopes his best is yet to come.

“I don’t think in any stretch of the imagination that I’m on the down slope of my career,” he said. “At least, I hope not. Hopefully, the game will keep slowing down and I’ll keep figuring things out. And I’m blessed that I have a great group of young guys around me who can make plays. So I don’t have to do nearly as much as I used to.”

The Steelers got the elite quarterback and the face of the franchise they hoped for when they drafted him 11th overall in 2004. He’s 80-33 in regular-season starts and 10-4 in the playoffs. He’s already played in three Super Bowls. He’s one of just 11 QBs with multiple Super Bowl victories.

Statistically, he holds 40 franchise passing records and is on pace to hold every significant team record by the time he calls it career.

Read More:
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-ben-at-his-peak/article_addaaf4f-f6f6-515f-b04c-c37d9f0c2756.html