PDA

View Full Version : New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30

LLT
09-06-2012, 05:32 AM
September 6, 2012 12:16 am
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers fans know by now their quarterback will become a father this year. Ben Roethlisberger revealed the news on his website in June.

What he did not divulge, and still has not, is when his baby boy is due. The delivery is expected sometime this fall, perhaps even on the first Sunday of December when the Steelers visit Baltimore.Surely, for such a potentially crucial late-season game against the Ravens, Roethlisberger will ...

"I'm not missing the birth of my child," Roethlisberger said emphatically. "There's no chance. I know some fans probably don't want to hear that, but there's no chance."

No, the fans likely do not want to hear that, but him saying it shows how far he has traveled as he enters his ninth pro season. He not only makes the transition from Big Ben to Big Dad, but he also discovered an ability to put his life into perspective. There was a time, fans might recall, when he was not so good at doing that. And if he misses a game for the birth of his son? You might remember him missing four games a few years ago for not-so-noble reasons.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/new-man-older-body-the-steelers-big-ben-at-30-652012/#ixzz25gVCv04Z

stillers4me
09-06-2012, 05:37 AM
"I'm not missing the birth of my child," Roethlisberger said emphatically. "There's no chance. I know some fans probably don't want to hear that, but there's no chance."

Nor should he be expected to.

Induce her on a Monday. :lol:

salamander
09-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Don't worry, he'll still get bashed for not playing in a game if it comes to that point. I'm glad Ben wants to be there for the birth of his first child. That's how it should be.

Randy06
09-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Yep, lets just hope it doesnt happen on Ravens week!

siss
09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Nor should he be expected to.

Induce her on a Monday. :lol:

If mrs. Big Ben agrees to be induced for the sake of her husbands schedule, than I think Steeler nation should pitch in and buy her some flowers....and candy. Talk about taking one for the team!