PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Wallace pleased by first day of practice

LLT
09-04-2012, 02:13 AM
CBSSports.com wire reports
Sep. 3, 2012 10:41 PM ET

PITTSBURGH -- Mike Wallace thinks he's ready to face the Denver Broncos.

The Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver says Monday there's no need to hold him back Sunday for the season opener in Denver despite a lengthy holdout that didn't end until last week.

"I felt pretty good out there, and coach gave me a lot to look at today," Wallace said. "But he's good about that. He knew that I wanted to work, and I was able to get in a lot of extra time."

The Pro Bowl player insists he's nearly up to speed on new offensive coordinator Todd Haley's playbook.

"I like where I'm at so far this week, but they shouldn't have to limit me at all," he said. "We'll see how it goes the rest of the week. But I'm very excited for this season, and I don't think they'll have to hold back too much."

Wallace, a restricted free agent, skipped all of Pittsburgh's offseason activities and the first month of training camp while trying to get a new deal. He didn't sign his one-year tender worth about $2.7 million until last Tuesday and wasn't cleared to practice until last Friday while sitting out a mandatory three-day acclimation period.

The 26-year-old spent some extra time in the team's practice facility over the weekend while his teammates received a brief break before the start of the regular season.

Read More:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20039971/steelers-wallace-pleased-by-first-day-of-practice