PDA

View Full Version : At age 30, Steelers QB Roethlisberger in his prime

stillers4me
09-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Ben Roethlisberger looks to be in the prime of his career, throwing the ball with as much zip and accuracy as he ever has during his nine-season career, according to Steelers wide receivers. Mike Wallace didn’t need much time to notice.

“I haven’t been with Ben in a while, and his arm is stronger than when we left last year,” said Wallace, who practiced Monday for the first time since ending his offseason holdout. “He was throwing it pretty far.”
Roethlisberger passed for 4,077 yards last season — second in his career to his 4,328 yards in 2009 — and he might have the best and deepest cast of receivers he has had yet in Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery. While he didn’t predict one Monday, he expects a big season.

“I hope so. I don’t think by any stretch of the imagination I’m on the down slope and the end of my career,” Roethlisberger said.......

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/2529715-85/roethlisberger-season-career-game-monday-prime-wallace-receivers-age-ben#ixzz25SBhMVLo

Count Steeler
09-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Sure hope some pieces of the puzzle come together, because this could be a SB year.

SteelerFanInStl
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
We're on the even number year again. Time for another SB!

salamander
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
We're on the even number year again. Time for another SB!

I hope you're right! 2008...2010...2012??