PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders says Mike Wallace will start Sunday in Denver

86WARD
09-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Ed Bouchette is reporting this via his twitter...

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette?tw_i=242683556311220225&tw_e=screenname&tw_p=tweetembed

Wallace also saying that Ben's arm is stronger! "I haven’t been with Ben in awhile. His arm is stronger than when we left last year. He was throwing that thing pretty far."

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117877-ed-wallace-says-bens-arm-stronger

polamalubeast
09-03-2012, 02:51 PM
not a surprise

Craic
09-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeah, but since the deep routes are anathema in Pittsburgh - and we should just be throwing the ball short or running it every down, who cares how far he can throw it?

:sarcasm:

Count Steeler
09-03-2012, 03:14 PM
But with such a new, complicated offense and Wallace hasn't been around for OTA and TC, how could he ever be ready to play?

Why Ben is still learning it, as well as the rest of the personnel. Wow, Wallace must be a Brainiac.

polamalubeast
09-03-2012, 03:20 PM
But with such a new, complicated offense and Wallace hasn't been around for OTA and TC, how could he ever be ready to play?

Why Ben is still learning it, as well as the rest of the personnel. Wow, Wallace must be a Brainiac.

I'm not worried about that, since Wallace had the playbook since May

Also, I do not think the playbook is difficult to understand for Wallace....The playbook is harder to understand for a QB and it's not even close, since Ben must be on the same page with all the WR,o-line and RB and Wallace had only need to be on the same page with Ben

salamander
09-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Wallace must have Rosetta Stone at his disposal :chuckle:

polamalubeast
09-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Ben says no mistakes today by wallace in no-huddle drill

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot

stillers4me
09-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Wallace learned very quickly his rookie year. I'm would not be surprised to see him up to speed after only a few games.

No pun intended. :heh:

polamalubeast
09-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Wallace learned very quickly his rookie year. I'm would not be surprised to see him up to speed after only a few games.

same for Roethlisberger in 2004!

ALLD
09-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Ben's arm is stronger after continuously making "jerking around" body language in reference to Wallace's holdout.

86WARD
09-03-2012, 04:12 PM

It's not the playbook...it's the on field stuff that is the difficult part, pads, hitting, timing...

Count Steeler
09-03-2012, 06:34 PM
It's not the playbook...it's the on field stuff that is the difficult part, pads, hitting, timing...

I should have used the sarcasm alert. With all the "rosetta stone", "completely new offense", "different terminology", "offense has to get used to" etc that is in the media, it will be an overwhelming accomplishment if the Steelers even get a first down against the Broncos. And here Wallace is starting after only 1 1/2 weeks to prepare.

tube517
09-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Ben says no mistakes today by wallace in no-huddle drill

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot

Ben just said that because Wallace hates Haley too. :chuckle:

SteelGhost
09-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Run Mikey, run !! :chuckle:

Craic
09-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I enjoyed listening to his interview.

The kid has a good head on his shoulders - and yes, he's humble. He said he had no problems knowing the plays called today, but also said that doesn't mean he won't have problems on Wednesday. It also sounds like he kept Tomlin Friday and Saturday at the complex working with him to get up to speed.

Good for him.

Shoes
09-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I enjoyed listening to his interview.

The kid has a good head on his shoulders - and yes, he's humble. He said he had no problems knowing the plays called today, but also said that doesn't mean he won't have problems on Wednesday. It also sounds like he kept Tomlin Friday and Saturday at the complex working with him to get up to speed.

Good for him.

+1 to this......really like the chemestry going on with this team.