PDA

View Full Version : Week one:Denver Broncos

polamalubeast
09-03-2012, 11:47 AM
it's never easy to play against Peyton Manning, even if he did not play a game in regular season since 2010...it is always a big challenge to play against him....Manning has been incredible against the 49ers in the 3rd preseason game...The steelers should be ready

For the broncos defense, they have a great pass rush, if steelers not contain their pass rush, it could be ugly

I do not have a good feeling for this game, but I hope that the Steelers will win

your thought on this game

Randy06
09-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I have a great feeling about this game. I believe we will stop the run which will put pressure on Peyton. And that means pin our ears back and go get him, so I see us winning 24-13.

Count Steeler
09-03-2012, 12:34 PM
I think we will get off to a so-so start, but Ben pulls out a win in the 4th quarter. 20-17. Peyton will start strong and Lebeau will eventually shut him down.

Pristas
09-03-2012, 01:11 PM
I think we will get off to a so-so start, but Ben pulls out a win in the 4th quarter. 20-17. Peyton will start strong and Lebeau will eventually shut him down.

Would that be sort of an "Elway-esque" comeback? ;)

CPanther95
09-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Does it really matter? Don't we always start the season 6-2 no matter what? :lol:

Pristas
09-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Does it really matter? Don't we always start the season 6-2 no matter what? :lol:

Good point, let me know when game 9 rolls around.

X-Terminator
09-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Broncos 24-17...

Craic
09-03-2012, 03:16 PM
As long as we are 3-3 or better in the first six games, there's no worries historically for this team (historically being since Cowher took over, so two decades).

As far as this game is concerned, I have concerns, but I always have concerns going into the first game of the season. We don't know what to expect from our players - how much have our older players aged, how much have our younger players matured, and how much have any of the offense really learned the playbook? The first game is where that really begins to show.

So, yeah, I'm concerned, but no more than any other year. I don't start to worry until the fifth or sixth game. That's when we start to see patterns emerging that will be year long patterns, rather than learning curves.

Shoes
09-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Steelers 24-13....with last years playoff game in mind.

Steeldude
09-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Is Dumervil playing? If yes, then the Steelers O-line is in for a long night

polamalubeast
09-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Is Dumervil playing?

yes

GBMelBlount
09-03-2012, 08:00 PM
With Wallace back we now have arguably the top receiving trio in the nfl.

If Ben is on I see no reason for us to score less than 23 to 30 points.

....and a "W".

polamalubeast
09-03-2012, 08:07 PM
The Steelers have rarely played against Peyton Manning

The Steelers have only played against Peyton 4 times(2-2), including the playoffs since 1998

steelreserve
09-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Steelers 34-10.

Manning breaks his neck on a routine play in the first quarter because he shouldn't have come back from that injury. Harrison is executed at midfield during halftime.

Psycho Ward 86
09-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Steelers 27-24

Craic
09-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Steelers 34-10.

Manning breaks his neck on a routine play in the first quarter because he shouldn't have come back from that injury.

Why? It was a fusion surgery. Everything has healed. There is no lasting issues. that would make him more vulnerable to injury. He may not have every last bit of mobility he previously had, but that is it. Joe Montana had the same surgery, then won two more superbowls. Heck, 74% of the people who have this surgery come back and play again. They play on average, a year longer than those who don't have the surgery.

steel striker
09-04-2012, 02:55 PM
It's going to be a tough game and, if the o-line can give Ben somewhat of a pocket 24-21 steelers. What really hurts is that Clark won't be playing.

polamalubeast
09-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Broncos QB Peyton Manning is 2-2 all-time vs. Steelers. Passer rating of 85.9 (career avg rating is 94.9)

suitanim
09-05-2012, 08:51 AM
We were a horrible road team last year. Horrible.

Last year, on average, we won 25-10 at home. We LOST 18-16 on the road. 18 points a game given up isn't horrible, but only scoring 16 on the road is unacceptable. We were putrid up front on the road, and couldn't run to save our lives. If this trend continues this year, we will lose and lose badly in Denver, namely because they can rush the passer, they play decent defense, and they actually have a real NFL QB this time.

I am very worried because Denver is a tough place to play, and the team and fans will be all fired up because of Manning. I'm mostly worried because I am not seeing much, if any, of an upgrade along the OL this year. I mean, there's a nominal upgrade with Colon over Kemo, but that's it.

polamalubeast
09-05-2012, 08:53 AM
at the same time, the Steelers were 7-1 on the road in 2010

No doubt in my mind, the Steelers can win on the road against a good team

Arkiesteel
09-05-2012, 09:40 AM
The Steelers will win because I am going to the game...................

suitanim
09-05-2012, 09:46 AM
at the same time, the Steelers were 7-1 on the road in 2010

No doubt in my mind, the Steelers can win on the road against a good team

And they were 3-6-2 in 1933.

We also traditionally don't play well at Denver. Our record there is 5-10-1.

This team is a lot closer in make-up then 2010. Not sound up front, maybe not a great running team (although we've looked better, albeit in the preseason), and defensively (although statistically sound) vulnerable. I'm certainly not saying we can't win, just saying this is a very rough match-up for us. If this game is at Heinz Field, we win by ten. In Denver, don't know....

polamalubeast
09-05-2012, 09:51 AM
C'mon....it's only 2 years that it was in 2010...I do not understand your comment of 1933!

true that the Steelers not have much success in Denver, despite a big win in Denver in 2005

Arkiesteel
09-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Rainey might be a key match up for Denver. He is for sure a wild card that we have not seen in a real game. We have a lot of speed on the O side even more than last year. If Denver can match that speed then we might be in trouble. One thing for sure I took away from the preseason is this isn't BA offense any more. On the D side we look pretty good on the D line and the take aways have improved, linebackers would be a wash between now and last year.

If the ball bounces the right way under the lights in prime time with the stadium 1/3 full of the Black and Gold

31 to 24 Steelers..........................................

polamalubeast
09-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Already lots of speculation that #Steelers - #Broncos game Sunday will be highest-rated NFL reg season game since #Bears - #Dolphins in '85.

https://twitter.com/arobinson_Trib/status/243363040001683456

suitanim
09-05-2012, 10:03 AM
C'mon....it's only 2 years that it was in 2010...I do not understand your comment of 1933!

true that the Steelers not have much success in Denver, despite a big win in Denver in 2005

We went to, and should have won, the Super Bowl in 2010. We were one-and-dones against a very mediocre team with no QB who backed into the playoffs on a losing streak last year. The two teams were remarkably different. So far, I haven't seen enough evidence that (at least offensively) we are any better off then we were last year form this years squad.

polamalubeast
09-05-2012, 10:07 AM
this year is a news years...every year is different...The Saints lost against the 7-9seahawks in 2010 and they were 13-3 in 2011

I'm not confident for the game against the Broncos, but it is not because that I think the Steelers are not good on the road

steel striker
09-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I'll just that the steelers have the offensive weapons to beat any team but, the question remains about the o-line. If the o-line protects Ben and, open holes for the ground game the sky is the limit.

Craic
09-05-2012, 03:37 PM
We went to, and should have won, the Super Bowl in 2010. We were one-and-dones against a very mediocre team with no QB who backed into the playoffs on a losing streak last year. The two teams were remarkably different. So far, I haven't seen enough evidence that (at least offensively) we are any better off then we were last year form this years squad.

Yes and no. First, Denver had some good players in place, but suffered in other areas. They weren't mediocre per say. And say what you want about Tebow, he had a reputation of comeback wins, which gave the team confidence going into the last quarter. That's one of the things that just can't be measured with statistics, bit it's very real. That kind of confidence makes the ball bounce right because there's a little extra hit on a tackle, or an extra reach for the endzone.

But that also points to another fact, last year, was last year. I remind of you 2003 and 2004. There was no reason, going into 2004, to suspect the year we were going to have. We lost Kendall Simmons (back when he was still good) in camp, we were one year out from losing Wayne Gandy and replaced him with Marvel Smith at LT (after a season ending injury), moving Ross to RT (who didn't have a good year the year before...none of the line didi). That year we also lost Gildon to Seattle, Bell to groin problems starting at the start of the season, Casey Hampton to a season ending injury in game six, and yet we finished 15-1.

I say we're in pretty much the same place this year we were then. So last year's record, really means nothing, nor does last year's play. After all, the left side of the line in 2004 was made up of players that I cringed watching in 2003.

GBMelBlount
09-05-2012, 03:53 PM
We went to, and should have won, the Super Bowl in 2010. We were one-and-dones against a very mediocre team with no QB who backed into the playoffs on a losing streak last year. The two teams were remarkably different.

So far, I haven't seen enough evidence that (at least offensively) we are any better off then we were last year form this years squad.

It is really hard to gauge by preseason.

...and it may be WELL into the season before we even begin to know....

Long term I am optimistic.

polamalubeast
09-05-2012, 03:56 PM
The 15-1 record in 2004 was a shocker!...It was a special season

if the steelers have another season of 12-4, I will be happy, but I would like this time that the steelers be hot and healthy at the right time, as in 2005(or the giants in 2007,2011)

Count Steeler
09-05-2012, 04:46 PM
but I would like this time that the steelers be hot and healthy at the right time, as in 2005(or the giants in 2007,2011)

That's what she said.