PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Rookie LB Sean Spence Carted Off With Serious Leg Injury

polamalubeast
08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/steelers-rookie-lb-sean-spence-carted-off-with-serious-leg-injury/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

Count Steeler
08-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Hope it is not as bad as it looked, but, it did look pretty bad.

X-Terminator
08-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Well, this doesn't really make Ben look good after his comments on artificial grass.

Anyway, if he has an air cast on, he probably has a broken leg.

polamalubeast
08-30-2012, 08:35 PM
I am very shocked by all the injuries that the Steelers have

The Steelers will finish with a record of 8-8 if they continue to have a serious injuries every week

zulater
08-30-2012, 08:39 PM
I am very shocked by all the injuries that the Steelers have

The Steelers will finish with a record of 8-8 if they continue to have a serious injuries every week

Spence was mostly going to be just a special teams player this year. Sucks that he was injured, but that's football. Every team in the league is going to lose players over the course of the season.

steelerdude15
08-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Boy, I had really high hopes for him. I wish a speedy and full recovery.

Edman
08-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Well, this doesn't really make Ben look good after his comments on artificial grass.

Anyway, if he has an air cast on, he probably has a broken leg.

When Ben said doesn't discredit the fact that FieldTurf injures players more frequently than Grass. Ben's statement was just way too vague and broad.

SteelerFanInStl
08-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Another one?!?!?!?!?!? FUCK! That sucks. We're cursed.

polamalubeast
08-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Sean Spence is believed to have torn ACL, LCL, dislocated kneecap

That ugly knee injury suffered by Steelers rookie linebacker Sean Spence has generated an understandably serious initial diagnosis.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Spence is believed to have a torn ACL, torn LCL, and dislocated kneecap.

Spence, a third-round pick from Miami, undoubtedly is headed to injured reserve. Hopefully, it’s an injury from which he’ll be able to recover in time for the 2013 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/30/sean-spence-is-believed-to-have-torn-acl-lcl-dislocated-kneecap/

Shoes
08-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Sean Spence is believed to have torn ACL, LCL, dislocated kneecap

That ugly knee injury suffered by Steelers rookie linebacker Sean Spence has generated an understandably serious initial diagnosis.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Spence is believed to have a torn ACL, torn LCL, and dislocated kneecap.

Spence, a third-round pick from Miami, undoubtedly is headed to injured reserve. Hopefully, it’s an injury from which he’ll be able to recover in time for the 2013 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/30/sean-spence-is-believed-to-have-torn-acl-lcl-dislocated-kneecap/

Thanks for posting more trash from the all knowing Mike Florio.

SteelMayhem72
08-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I hate to say it but I think we are a 10-6 team this year which by all standards is good but thats average in the afc north...we will be fighting the bungals for a wild card spot again...Im the most critical of all steelers fans...Ive been a fan now for 34 years and this is what I envision...the NFC East constantly gives us a fit every time we play those thugs!

Shoes
08-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Well after following the Steelers since the early to mid 60's...... I think we will do very well this season. No worries here!!!

GBMelBlount
08-30-2012, 09:57 PM

I have to agree.

I have had 3 extremely painful hyperextensions of my left knee. One was during karate, one basketball and one playing football. All three had me on the ground writhing in INCREDIBLE pain like Spence and unable to walk initially but none were to the point were I was not back within a week.

I am NOT saying this is the case with Spence, only that from my experiences it is very possible for a knee hyperextension to be extremely painful initially without it being a long term injury....assuming there was no "collateral" damage of course.

katmandu
08-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Im the most critical of all steelers fans...Ive been a fan now for 34 years and this is what I envision...I've been a fan for 40 years.... This past year (end of last season until now) has been the most devastating (injury wise) that I can remember.

BTW, I guess Spence has now know to be INJURY PRONE huh ? :rolleyes:

Steeldude
08-31-2012, 04:00 AM
I hate to say it, but I feel the Steelers are going to be hit all year by the injury bug. I am not referring to minor injuries.

Galax Steeler
08-31-2012, 04:03 AM
This just sucks we can't seem to catch a break from the injury bug.

fansince'76
08-31-2012, 04:30 AM

Wonder if Terry Bradshaw is still dead...

GBMelBlount
08-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Looks like spence is done for the season. This is crazy.

Post-Gazette reporter Gerry Dulac confirmed via Twitter Friday what was largely suspected; rookie LB Sean Spence tore multiple ligaments in his knee, and will be placed on injured-reserve, ending his 2012 season.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/8/31/3282950/steelers-injury-report-sean-spence-injured-reserve-2012-season

SteelerFanInStl
08-31-2012, 06:33 PM
This just sucks. The two rookies that I was really excited about this year were DeCastro and Spence.

BigNastyDefense
08-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Man, I thought Spence could possibly end up being a start by the end of the season. That's a horrible injury, I hope he can fully recover and be a productive member of the Steelers next season, because I believe the Steelers drafted him to eventually start in the middle.

Count Steeler
08-31-2012, 07:27 PM
This just sucks. The two rookies that I was really excited about this year were DeCastro and Spence.

Through in some Rainey and you have the trifecta from this years draft. Oh well, we will be that much stronger next year.