PDA

View Full Version : your biggest concern for this year

polamalubeast
08-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Every year teams have of big concern before the beginning of each season and this is not different for the steelers

for me,my biggest concern are...

The RB:they are not healthy!
OL:but this is nothing news!
The health of James Harrison

But for me, my biggest concern is the special team...especially for the return game and field position....It is very hard for an offense to be very often in a poor field position

86WARD
08-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Defense.

GBMelBlount
08-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Ben's Health.

Period.

Psycho Ward 86
08-29-2012, 09:40 AM
same as always now that mike adams cant crack the starting lineup and decastro is likely out for the season...the O-line

steelers_switzerland
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Special Teams... Shaun Suisham... I thought it would've been worth a try with Hrapmann. Isn't Neil Rackers a quite consistent Kicker? I bet he is definitely better than Suisham....

steelreserve
08-29-2012, 10:21 AM
offensive line and the fucking kicker.

suitanim
08-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Offensive line is 1-100 for me. It speaks to Ben's health, the running game, Redzone scoring, the kicking game, and field position. As this OL goes, so goes the whole team...

st33lersguy
08-29-2012, 12:45 PM
O-line. DeCastro is out, Adams is not ready to start. It is the same as last year minus penalty machine Piss Kemoeatu

Texasteel
08-29-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm a little concerned about our running backs. Unlike most, I don't see Redman as an every down back, and I only see one back that can get to the outside, and I don't see him in the backfield to often. Dear God, please prove me wrong.

Count Steeler
08-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Injuries, followed by the O Line. Our RB position is in flux, but the way guys are returning from injuries, Mendy may be back sooner than we think.

GodfatherofSoul
08-29-2012, 01:20 PM
The same thing we worry about every day, Pinky. OUR SUBPAR O-LINE!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/darraghdoyle/SH6Ypx6_McI/AAAAAAAAUzA/yY6oQL6nC-0/pinkyAndTheBrain-1.gif

Steeltreal
08-29-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm a little concerned about our running backs. Unlike most, I don't see Redman as an every down back, and I only see one back that can get to the outside, and I don't see him in the backfield to often. Dear God, please prove me wrong.

Dwyer sure has improved, threw a great block on Leftwichs TD, shows he can reel in passes on the wheel route. Hes won the job IMO

Burghfan58
08-29-2012, 02:26 PM
The o-line for sure. They seem to have more than their share of injurie issues every year. I'm not impressed with Gilbert. Watched the replay of the Buff game on NFL network and specifically watched Gilbert. I realize Buffalo's line is talented and at times he was facing Williams but he looks slow and awkward and at times appeared to be going at less than full speed. Hope I'm wrong.

Craic
08-29-2012, 03:30 PM
The o-line for sure. They seem to have more than their share of injurie issues every year. I'm not impressed with Gilbert. Watched the replay of the Buff game on NFL network and specifically watched Gilbert. I realize Buffalo's line is talented and at times he was facing Williams but he looks slow and awkward and at times appeared to be going at less than full speed. Hope I'm wrong.

I wasn't impressed with him at all last year either. However, I'm reserving my opinion of him until he gets a few games under his belt playing with the same guy to his left. As far as the rest of the line goes, seriously, how of a downgrade is Foster from DeCastro this year? I'm not talking about career wise, or overall talent potential. I mean over the next sixteen games? Not enough to plunge the entire O'line from "I'm excited to see our line this year" which is what we were thinking a month ago to "Oh, Sky Is Falling Cat, am I ever worried about our O'line this year, just like every year."

Something just doesn't make sense there.

Anyway, what is my biggest worry? There just doesn't seem to be that special "We can take on the world" this year. It may just be me, but I don't know.

Outside of that, I'd say our O line (I was worried before DeCastro went down, because again, I'm not yet sold on Gilbert). I'm also worried about our CB's. We have a few that are looking good, but are they ready to make the next step and be a starter?

I think we have a better than average stable of running backs to take up the mantle until Mendy returns. I REALLY like Dwyer's improvement. Rainey has shown himself to be exciting - reminds me of a Willie Parker, but with the ability to cut. Batch has played pretty well, and is steadily getting better and drive through tackles as well as making good runs.

QB isn't a problem at all. Though we will probably lose one during the last cuts, Lefty as our first backup is better than probably the bottom third of starting QB's in the league. Batch wouldn't take away any starting jobs, but he's probably better than most of the backups out there. Jerrod Johnson definitely has the ability to make this team as a third backup. I think he could even be depended upon to start a football game against an average team, and move the team far enough down the field that our RB's would put the ball in the endzone, or win by field goals (I know, not what we want, but still).

Edman
08-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Injuries above all else.

One injury completely set back the Offensive Line this year.

O-Line is second.

steelerdude15
08-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Injuries is every sports fan's biggest concern, but I'm also worried about Gilbert having a sophomore slump. IMO he got better each game he played in last year, but hasn't had a great preseason. I hope he can turn it around in the regular season.

SteelerFanInStl
08-29-2012, 07:24 PM
The same as it's been for years, the OL. I finally had hope with DeCastro and Adams getting drafted but that hasn't worked out so well so far.

slippy
08-29-2012, 07:44 PM
1. ben's health
2. o-line
3. d-line
4. can timmons be great? can harrison stay healthy? can ben take the cheap yards when they're there instead of always trying to hit a homerun?

BigNastyDefense
08-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Overall health of the team.

Ben's got that shoulder injury...so I fully expect it to be targeted.
James Harrison's knee could cause a slow start, worse it could cause his to miss significant time,
Casey Hampton has a bad elbow.
Redman got hurt, should be there for the opener but I am scared he won't make it until Mendy can come back.

Then there's just injuries overall to players currently fully healthy.

Pristas
08-29-2012, 08:18 PM
You know, down in New Orleans there is a battle going on for kicker. Hartley and Kasey. The loser of that battle would be a major upgrade for us.

SMR
08-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Lack of Steelers cheerleaders.

:heh:

SteelGhost
08-29-2012, 09:55 PM
The usual suspect ... The OL that is.

Steeldude
08-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Injuries.

O-line depth

Foote starting

The new offense

Craic
08-30-2012, 01:54 AM
Lack of Steelers cheerleaders.

:heh:
??

What do you mean?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mjbFtZEiFxw/TU6uHETVmRI/AAAAAAAAB3k/errNLb_4j8k/s400/sb3.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mjbFtZEiFxw/TU6tz3hRx6I/AAAAAAAAB3M/gaDKmE3cABg/s1600/sb1.jpeg

Moose
08-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Damn tough question to answer. This team has soooooo many problems to solve I really don't know how to narrow it down to one major concern. Offensive line is a yearly problem as is the pathetic Special team. Tackling is pathetic. Our WR's and RB's are in repair. But if I had to pick one concern I guess I'd have to go with Ben and staying healthy. He always seems to get gimpy early on and then play with some injury. I still think it's going to be a 7-9 year, hopefully the first few games will change my mind. GO STEELERS

SMR
08-30-2012, 05:04 PM
??

What do you mean?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mjbFtZEiFxw/TU6uHETVmRI/AAAAAAAAB3k/errNLb_4j8k/s400/sb3.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mjbFtZEiFxw/TU6tz3hRx6I/AAAAAAAAB3M/gaDKmE3cABg/s1600/sb1.jpeg

That's what I'm talking about! Whoot!!

:chuckle:

zulater
08-30-2012, 05:17 PM
My worries.

1. James Harrison's health.

2. Can James Harrison be an impact player for the majority of the season.

3. Troy Polamalu's health.

4. Is Troy still an elite defender?

5. Will Wallace learn the play book quickly?

6. Will Wallace sulk away the season if Antonio Brown and Heath Miller are being targeted more by Ben?

7. Ben's health. Not that Ben's health is that much of an issue. Hell the guy's only missed 3 games to injury since the start of the 2006 season. But he's irreplaceable. Lose him for a lengthy period there is no playoffs.

8. Pouncey's ankles. When Pouncey starts the Steelers are 25-7. Games he doesn't play 1-3.

SteelGhost
08-30-2012, 07:25 PM
My worries.

1. James Harrison's health.

2. Can James Harrison be an impact player for the majority of the season.

3. Troy Polamalu's health.

4. Is Troy still an elite defender?

5. Will Wallace learn the play book quickly?

6. Will Wallace sulk away the season if Antonio Brown and Heath Miller are being targeted more by Ben?

7. Ben's health. Not that Ben's health is that much of an issue. Hell the guy's only missed 3 games to injury since the start of the 2006 season. But he's irreplaceable. Lose him for a lengthy period there is no playoffs.

8. Pouncey's ankles. When Pouncey starts the Steelers are 25-7. Games he doesn't play 1-3.

This leads to another BIG worry, the lack of QB depth :noidea: I know Leftwich can be serviceable at best, but he's injury prone and we know Batch is too. I HOPE J. Johnson can learn fast.

polamalubeast
08-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Very few team had a good QB as backup

only the titans, cowboys, bears and the lions have good QB as backup

several teams are worse than the steelers for the backup QB(packers,ravens,broncos,chargers,panthers,etc)

SteelGhost
08-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Very few team had a good QB as backup

only the titans, cowboys, bears and the lions have good QB as backup

several teams are worse than the steelers for the backup QB(packers,ravens,broncos,chargers,panthers,etc)

You're right PB, but I'm concerned anyway :chuckle: