PDA

View Full Version : Steelers RB Batch turns free time into art

stillers4me
08-28-2012, 04:02 PM
When Baron Batch got to Pittsburgh in late February, he found an abundance of two things.

One: Free time, because he was one of the few Steelers in town, a second-year running back rehabbing his knee after tearing his ACL the previous preseason.

Two: Blank space on his apartment's walls.

His answer?

"Well," Batch remembers saying to himself, "I’ll start painting. Create my own art.”

So he did. Despite being out of the art game since his much younger years, Batch began filling that empty time and space with vibrant, almost impressionistic paintings -- each offering a distinct style that is pretty much only his.

“It started with one little painting," he said, "and now my apartment’s full. It’s packed.”...........

read more @ http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/visuals/post/_/id/7856/steelers-rb-batch-turns-free-time-into-art

Psycho Ward 86
08-28-2012, 04:40 PM
those look wicked cool and original.

Mamaduck43
08-28-2012, 04:40 PM
I really like this guy..... He certainly seems to have his head on straight...

steelreserve
08-28-2012, 05:40 PM
The more I hear about this guy, the more he just sounds like a hell of an awesome dude, regardless of how his NFL career goes. I hope he sticks around with us for a while.

Count Steeler
08-28-2012, 05:42 PM
His "life after football" may be more intriguing than what he may actually do on the field.