PDA

View Full Version : Hampton back at practice

polamalubeast
08-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Nose tackle Casey Hampton, who is coming off ACL and elbow injuries and hasn’t played yet in the preseason, went through his most extensive practice since being taken off the physically unable to perform list.

“It felt good to be out there,” said Hampton. “I didn’t practice the whole camp so it felt good to be out there. I went through an all out practice, first time I did anything.”

Despite practicing, Coach Mike Tomlin isn’t sure what his playing status will be this week.

“He’s got a chance,” said Tomlin. “We’ll see. I know he did some good things out there today. It’s a short process this week. Hopefully, he can represent himself well enough where he can get an opportunity to get some snaps.”

Hampton is hoping to get a little bit of work before the Steelers kick off the regular season against the Denver Broncos on Sept. 9.

“I’m trying to get out there a little bit,” said Hampton. “If I can I will get out there. If I can’t I will just have to do what I have to do. It’s definitely cool to get out there and get some full speed action.

“No question, I will be there for the first game.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Hampton-back-at-practice/7cf17548-d501-4c55-a4dc-c8696b26a019?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Chidi29
08-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Excellent news.

SteelGhost
08-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Great ! Welcome back Ham :thumbsup:

steelreserve
08-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Casey don't need no full-speed action. He got dat grown-ass man strength.