PDA

View Full Version : Did Ben lose weight?

GodfatherofSoul
08-27-2012, 05:40 PM
One of the announcers made that observation in the Colts game. Now that I think about it, he does look leaner, but not more muscular.

Psycho Ward 86
08-27-2012, 05:44 PM
One of the announcers made that observation in the Colts game. Now that I think about it, he does look leaner, but not more muscular.

How many decent starting QB's in the league do you know that look muscular :)

stillers4me
08-27-2012, 05:45 PM
He always plumps up by playoff time.

:heh:

zulater
08-27-2012, 05:47 PM
I'd say he's down at least 20 pounds off what he was carrying at the end of last season.

bayz101
08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/fp/Ben+Roethlisberger+Wife+Playing+Golf+Hawaii+0zQVrI f7g6zl.jpg

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/7389575/20120612_kdl_al8_060_extra_large.jpg

Certainly seems trimmer.

bayz101
08-27-2012, 06:02 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/44/Ben_Roethlisberger_Steelers_cropped.jpg/270px-Ben_Roethlisberger_Steelers_cropped.jpg
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/08/25/Brown-Big-Ben-lead-Steelers-rout-of-Bills-96256CSS-x-large.jpg

He's looking close to his '06 weight, and he was under-weight thin due to several surgeries resulting from his accident.

Craic
08-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Makes sense.

He's married now, not out partying and drinking. All of those "empty calories" disappear. I wouldn't be surprised if he also took more of his spare time to hit the weights, or jog, or do something that was productive. In short, this is probably just another result of Ben growing up and turning into a leader on offense.

Heck, how many people are there left that was on the team before Ben got there?

Charlie Batch
Larry Foote
Casey Hampton
Brett Keisel
Troy Polamalu
Max Starks (Same year as him)
Ike Taylor

That's it. That's only two other guys on offense (one a backup), and five on D. I think Ben is taking his role as team ​leader pretty seriously.

bayz101
08-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Makes sense.

He's married now, not out partying and drinking. All of those "empty calories" disappear. I wouldn't be surprised if he also took more of his spare time to hit the weights, or jog, or do something that was productive. In short, this is probably just another result of Ben growing up and turning into a leader on offense.

Heck, how many people are there left that was on the team before Ben got there?

Charlie Batch
Larry Foote
Casey Hampton
Brett Keisel
Troy Polamalu
Max Starks (Same year as him)
Ike Taylor

That's it. That's only two other guys on offense (one a backup), and five on D. I think Ben is taking his role as team ​leader pretty seriously.

Ben showed up to the Steelers facilities earlier than he's ever showed up before in his career, and lost around 21 pounds. He said he was concentrating on getting in better health. He's hell bent on making his next few years in the NFL his prime years, and i'd say he's doing a good job at it.

Whyant5
08-27-2012, 08:44 PM

:amen:

Hindes204
08-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Hahahahaha.......why the hell is he in bare feet in the golf picture above, lol

Whyant5
08-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Hahahahaha.......why the hell is he in bare feet in the golf picture above, lol

I was thinking the same thing Hindes. How have you been buddy?

SteelGhost
08-27-2012, 10:03 PM
His ankle must feel a lot better without those 21 pounds :chuckle:

oneforthetoe
08-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Maybe these photos will explain his weight loss?

Ashley making dinner:

http://www.afewextralimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/burnt_dinner-300x219.jpg

Thanksgiving:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-5/burnt-turkey.jpg

Only kidding Ben .... don't send a big o'liman after me.:cookie:

...cause with the Steelers luck he will trip and fall chasing me and rip an ACL.

tube517
08-28-2012, 12:23 AM
He did look skinnier this preseason. Maybe Haley makes him do extra laps if Arians is mentioned.

Sent from a jive turkee

Psycho Ward 86
08-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Ben showed up to the Steelers facilities earlier than he's ever showed up before in his career, and lost around 21 pounds. He said he was concentrating on getting in better health. He's hell bent on making his next few years in the NFL his prime years, and i'd say he's doing a good job at it.

jesus are you serious? do you have a link?

bayz101
08-28-2012, 01:23 PM
jesus are you serious? do you have a link?

Unfortunately, I don't. One of the beat-writers mentioned it on twitter back at the beginning of camp. You can certainly see it when comparing the picture of him golfing in Hawaii, to the one below it, though. He said at the beginning of the off-season that it was his goal to drop the extra weight.

GBMelBlount
08-28-2012, 03:00 PM
I wonder if his wife's cooking is making it easier for him to eat less...

Count Steeler
08-28-2012, 03:03 PM
I wonder if his wife's cooking is making it easier for him to eat less...

:heh:

Kornbread
08-28-2012, 03:13 PM
I agree he looks a little thinner and I say he probably showed up to camp a littler earlier to get away from his wife. <------jk

stillers4me
08-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I agree he looks a little thinner and I say he probably showed up to camp a littler earlier to get away from his wife. <------jk

:buttkick:

siss
08-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Perhaps the Mrs Big Ben has benny eating better. Maybe he doesn't go out as much because his wifes healthy cooking keeps him at home...bestides that shes pregnant and every man knows not to piss off the wife.

SMR
08-28-2012, 04:30 PM

:lol:

Psycho Ward 86
08-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Unfortunately, I don't. One of the beat-writers mentioned it on twitter back at the beginning of camp. You can certainly see it when comparing the picture of him golfing in Hawaii, to the one below it, though. He said at the beginning of the off-season that it was his goal to drop the extra weight.

ill take your word for it. But 21 pounds? All of a sudden Big Ben aint that big for an NFL QB at all

Count Steeler
08-28-2012, 05:13 PM
ill take your word for it. But 21 pounds? All of a sudden Big Ben aint that big for an NFL QB at all

Suddeness.........and glide.

bayz101
08-28-2012, 05:22 PM

In 2006, Ben Roethlisberger, at one time, weighed 230 pounds. This was mainly due to his accident, and an appendectomy. Now, if I had to take a guess, i'd say that he weighed around 260 pounds early this offseason. That may seem like a stretch, but he looked to be gaining extra weight right around the time that he injured his ankle. I'd say immobility and lack of practice contributed to that.

Anyways. If he weighed 260 pounds, and lost 21 pounds, that puts him at 239. That's two pounds below his most common-billed weight of 241. He's really done a great job of getting into shape.