PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ offensive line shuffle continues

stillers4me
08-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Here we go again, Steelers.

This is the offensive line as of the moment, with one game left in a preseason that, given all the injuries, can’t end soon enough: left tackle Max Starks, left guard Willie Colon, center Maurkice Pouncey, right guard Ramon Foster and right tackle Marcus Gilbert.

It’s not the line they envisioned when training camp began one month and two days ago, but not much goes by plan when it comes to protecting Ben Roethlisberger.........

readm more @ http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2480266-85/decastro-steelers-season-roethlisberger-game-guard-injury-knee-tackle-offensive

LLT
08-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Im trying to look at the glass as half full.......With everything else being almost the same as last year, having Colon return from injury and play Guard is an upgrade from what we had.

zulater
08-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Im trying to look at the glass as half full.......With everything else being almost the same as last year, having Colon return from injury and play Guard is an upgrade from what we had.

Absolutely! Plus Gilbert' got a year, mostly starting under his belt at right tackle. Starks is here from the beginning, as opposed to the worthless Jonathan Scott. And don't count out Adams. He's obviously not ready to start yet, but I believe the skill is there. By late October, early November he could be a different player.

Losing DeCastro is a setback no doubt. But this still projects to be an above average offensive line. At least by recent Steeler standards anyway. :chuckle:

Whyant5
08-27-2012, 09:16 AM
I was very excited to see what DeCastro was going to bring but we well have to make it work with what we have.