PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated Roethlisberger calls own plays, leads Steelers to win over Bills

polamalubeast
08-26-2012, 09:46 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Coach Mike Tomlin doesn't blame quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for showing his frustrations after a penalty that backed the Pittsburgh Steelers to a yard from their goal line.

Tomlin was just as upset with the penalty, and yet not surprised with how Roethlisberger responded.

After taking a step backward, Roethlisberger moved the Steelers forward with a 98-yard, go-ahead touchdown march in the final two minutes of the second quarter of a 38-7 preseason rout of the winless Buffalo Bills on Saturday night.

"I've been looking at Ben going on six years now, I'm not surprised by it," Tomlin said.

Roethlisberger hit eight of nine passes for 95 yards on a drive he capped by threading a 6-yard touchdown pass to Antonio Brown with 13 seconds left. And the spark could be credited to an illegal substitution penalty that put the Steelers on their heels, facing second-and-11 from their 1 yard line.

Shortly after the penalty was called, Roethlisberger showed his displeasure by angrily gesturing at the bench.

"He definitely got fired up and got a little hyped," Brown said. "He's special. The things he's able to do in two-minute situations, there's something special about his leadership and playmaking ability."

read more

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20120825_PIT%40BUF/frustrated-roethlisberger-calls-own-plays-leads-steelers-to-win-over-bills

Randy06
08-27-2012, 01:29 AM
There needs to be more of this IMO.

Galax Steeler
08-27-2012, 04:26 AM
I love it this is what we need to see from Big Ben.