PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben's 98-yard masterpiece

polamalubeast
08-26-2012, 07:38 AM
With 15 days to go until his team plays a meaningful game, Ben Roethlisberger already was in regular-season mode.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback sunk a knife into the Buffalo Bills on Saturday night with a two-minute drill for the (preseason) ages.

Starting on Pittsburgh's 2-yard line with just 1:46 remaining in the first half, Big Ben marched the Steelers on an 11-play, 98-yard drive in 1:33, capped by a 6-yard touchdown strike to Antonio Brown. Roethlisberger was 7-for-8 passing for 92 yards on a frantic run in which Bills coach Chan Gailey seemed to age seven years.

Roethlisberger's touchdown toss gave Pittsburgh a seven-point lead at halftime, and they eventually won 38-7.

"Well, I called the plays, and I can see what's going on defense," Roethlisberger told NFL.com and NFL Network's Kimberly Jones at halftime. "Guys made great plays. We had a running back make a catch on the sideline like a receiver. We utilized the middle of the field, guys got out of bounds and it saved us time. We only had one timeout, and we didn't have to use it until we got all the way down. So I think it was a pretty successful drive for us."

We've been beaten to near-death with cautionary words about offensive coordinator Todd Haley's run-heavy attack. When it mattered Saturday night, the Steelers' offense became Big Ben's playground. And that's really when this team shines.

Changing of the guard in the AFC North? Stand down.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000054874/article/big-ben-shreds-buffalo-bills-on-98yard-scoring-drive?module=HP11_content_stream

venom
08-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Reminded me of the 98 yard drive vs the Ravens

siss
08-26-2012, 11:10 AM
thats why you get a franchise QB.

Polamalu Princess
08-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Great, great drive!

Mamaduck43
08-26-2012, 11:25 AM
That was the drive that we needed in the 4th quarter in SB XLV!!!!!! It is the 'magic' that we hope for in every game.... I have a feeling that this is the beginning of an epic year for our QB......

polamalubeast
08-26-2012, 11:34 AM
but the other 28 minutes of the first half in offense yesterday was very ugly!

Butch
08-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Even though I wasn't fortunate enough to see it the drive seemed to be very Ben like. I loved that we only had one timeout and the Bills called one on 3rd down thinking they were going to get the ball back. That's when Ben came to life and down the field we went. As mentioned earlier by Venom
"Remind me when it comes against the ravens". That being said it is still an impressive drive and it was all in Ben's hands. Gotta feel good about that.