PDA

View Full Version : The Great,the good,the bad and the ugly

polamalubeast
08-25-2012, 07:49 PM
The starters will not play in 2nd half,so....

GREAT:99 TD drive,and Defense

good:red zone offense

The Bad:the first 28 minutes on offense and the running game

The Ugly:The terrible field position....this is a joke!

steelpride12
08-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Ugly: Decastro injury....nuff' said.

tube517
08-25-2012, 08:45 PM
what happened to DeCastro

Sent from a jive turkee

Steeldude
08-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Needing to be carted off the field due to a knee injury is not a good sign. I don't see him coming back anytime soon.

Psycho Ward 86
08-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Butler is doing great on his punt placements. I want him over Kapinos.

Im a hardass to Dwyer all the time, but i was impressed with his 2 catches on that 99 yard drive. His first catch was a great snag, even though part of it was terrible field awareness by the DB. That 2nd catch for 7 yards where Dwyer spins out of a tackle and stumbles out of bounds was a smart move. Usually his balance is pretty mediocre so that was nice to see. Still runs timid for a good sized back.

Heath had some good situational awareness on that last drive too when he's running for dear life to the sideline away from Mario Williams, yet still gains 6 good yards (but we expect that out of a cerebral and established player like Heath).

Nice to see a no name player like Gulden make Vince Young look like a moron on that pick :lol:

Troy looked human on one of Fred's run plays and 2 pass plays. Yeah, they werent totally his fault, but Troy's been showing a little bit of age the past 2 seasons. He's only making great plays (great body control interception on the sideline once again) instead of the impossible ones he used to :chuckle:

AB's 1st TD was just a great threading the eye of the needle pass by Ben.

I will never get tired of watching Leftwich run like a girl :lol:

The main thing i got out of this game that i was really happy with was all the great body control catches. Derrick Williams had one, Dwyer had a couple, Cotchery had one, AB had a bunch of them. Hell, even Gulden and Troy made some beautiful body control snags on those interceptions.

Cortez Allen is definitely way better than Curtis Brown.

Spence's athleticism thus far in the preseason looks overrated, but he just seems to be thinking too much. In time young gun!

I seriously dont want to see our starters play at all for the preseason finale. Just not worth it.

By the way guys, did you know Bryan Scott for the Bills has played cornerback, safety, and the past two years, linebacker? Just saw him getting interviewed previously at halftime, just a true team player guy. And also, just looking at what players they have on the roster now, i think the Bills will coast to 2nd place in the AFC East

stillers4me
08-25-2012, 09:31 PM
AB's touchdown dance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va7Bj5Pe_Y4

stillers4me
08-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Rooney Rants‏@RooneyRants Mike Tomlin says he will accept more responsibility for ST's

stillers4me
08-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac Tomlin said DE Brett Keisel has mild high ankle sprain and held him out for precaution. Keisel said he is OK.

stillers4me
08-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Steelers RReports‏@CBSSportsNFLPIT After firing Al Everest Thurs, Mike Tomlin said he'll help Amos Jones coach spec teams: "I’m looking forward to doing that." No elaboration.

HollywoodSteel
08-25-2012, 11:20 PM
It seemed like our guys needed a quarter or so to learn how to catch. If AB had caught that first pass, Sanders adjusted to the next throw, or Woodley intercepting that ball that fell into his hands, Decastro would not be injured. I know it's wrongheaded to think that way but I can't help it, and I'm pissed.

Steeldude
08-25-2012, 11:40 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but judging by the stats it doesn't look like the running game is doing so well.

Chidi29
08-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Butler is doing great on his punt placements. I want him over Kapinos.

Im a hardass to Dwyer all the time, but i was impressed with his 2 catches on that 99 yard drive. His first catch was a great snag, even though part of it was terrible field awareness by the DB. That 2nd catch for 7 yards where Dwyer spins out of a tackle and stumbles out of bounds was a smart move. Usually his balance is pretty mediocre so that was nice to see. Still runs timid for a good sized back.

Heath had some good situational awareness on that last drive too when he's running for dear life to the sideline away from Mario Williams, yet still gains 6 good yards (but we expect that out of a cerebral and established player like Heath).

Nice to see a no name player like Gulden make Vince Young look like a moron on that pick :lol:

Troy looked human on one of Fred's run plays and 2 pass plays. Yeah, they werent totally his fault, but Troy's been showing a little bit of age the past 2 seasons. He's only making great plays (great body control interception on the sideline once again) instead of the impossible ones he used to :chuckle:

AB's 1st TD was just a great threading the eye of the needle pass by Ben.

I will never get tired of watching Leftwich run like a girl :lol:

The main thing i got out of this game that i was really happy with was all the great body control catches. Derrick Williams had one, Dwyer had a couple, Cotchery had one, AB had a bunch of them. Hell, even Gulden and Troy made some beautiful body control snags on those interceptions.

Cortez Allen is definitely way better than Curtis Brown.

Spence's athleticism thus far in the preseason looks overrated, but he just seems to be thinking too much. In time young gun!

I seriously dont want to see our starters play at all for the preseason finale. Just not worth it.

By the way guys, did you know Bryan Scott for the Bills has played cornerback, safety, and the past two years, linebacker? Just saw him getting interviewed previously at halftime, just a true team player guy. And also, just looking at what players they have on the roster now, i think the Bills will coast to 2nd place in the AFC East

George Wilson is the same. Former WR turned safety. Turned out to be pretty good, too. Gets overshadowed by Byrd but Wilson is solid.