PDA

View Full Version : Steelers T Starks, RB Redman to play Saturday

polamalubeast
08-23-2012, 04:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8297349/pittsburgh-steelers-max-starks-isaac-redman-play-extensively-saturday-buffalo-bills?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Psycho Ward 86
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
id rather see neither of them play. Better safe than sorry. Im more ok with Starks playing though since he might be a little rusty since this will be his first live action in a long long time. Whatever happened to Jason Ford exactly anyways? I think he gets dumped but i hope he's ok

steelpride12
08-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Ugh not a fan of this move. It's just a preseason game and losing one of these guys long term would be scary. Let them rest 100% until the regular season.

tube517
08-23-2012, 08:23 PM
3rd game of preseason is when the starters get most of the playing time. I don't like it either. Hopefully Adams takes over after one quarter and Redman is pulled early.

7willBheaven
08-23-2012, 08:43 PM
I think Starks needs to play at least some before the season...especially if infact he is the starting LT...he needs a little bit of game action after his injury I think...even if its a series. I know he didnt have preseason the year before and all...but still...

Craic
08-23-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm all for Starks playing. The line has to play together before the season starts so they can get used to one another. Redman is a different issue, however. I don't really like him playing right now. If he thinks he's ready, then fine, but It's not what I want to see.

Of course, what I want to see doesn't mean much.

Chidi29
08-23-2012, 11:36 PM
id rather see neither of them play. Better safe than sorry. Im more ok with Starks playing though since he might be a little rusty since this will be his first live action in a long long time. Whatever happened to Jason Ford exactly anyways? I think he gets dumped but i hope he's ok

Believe it's a hamstring.

suitanim
08-24-2012, 09:49 AM
It's the third game. It's the game where the starters play. Redman doesn't need the reps, he needs the rest, but Starks desperately needs first team snaps against first team competition.

I'm already nervous about Redman being able to carry the load. This seems like an unnecessary risk to me...

Galax Steeler
08-25-2012, 06:02 AM
Hopefully they will pull through this game ok. I don't like the risk either but I guess that is why I am doing this and Tomlin is the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

GBMelBlount
08-25-2012, 06:57 AM
It's the third game. It's the game where the starters play. Redman doesn't need the reps, he needs the rest, but Starks desperately needs first team snaps against first team competition.

I'm already nervous about Redman being able to carry the load. This seems like an unnecessary risk to me...

I agree.

I also hope that they do not over play Starks if they do not truly feel he is 100%.

Perhaps I over worry but it just SEEMS like our team has so many injuries.