PDA

View Full Version : Starters to play at least a half

polamalubeast
08-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Steelers’ starters will have their final preparation for the regular season when they take on the Buffalo Bills on Saturday night in the team’s third preseason game.

The starters are expected to play at least the first half, and possibly longer depending on what Coach Mike Tomlin sees out of them.

“I want to see them execute,” said Tomlin of the starting offense, who have only played five series so far in the preseason. “That’s always the case, but particularly in this third game, they are going to work at least a half. I expect to see a quality half of football.”

In preparation for the game the team has taken a mock regular season approach this week, ultimately preparing the players for what it’s going to be like when they open the regular season in Denver.

“We are back at the facility, so that also adds a little bit of normalcy,” said Tomlin. “It is good that this game is on the road in Buffalo, because we start the regular season in a similar circumstance on the road against a really good team in a hostile environment.

“All the ingredients are there for a good opportunity for us to improve and show what we are capable of. I am looking forward to watching the guys work, and work in a game-like fashion. Our preparation is probably more complete, not to be confused with complete, but we did simulate what is a normal in-season week from a preparation standpoint.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Starters-to-play-at-least-a-half/c6a08a92-a7a3-47bf-9f25-ce76ce71e5fa?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Moose
08-23-2012, 02:41 PM
For 30 minutes....HERE WE GO STEELER'S - HERE WE GO !! I hope to God it's better than I saw the past 2 wks. :)

Count Steeler
08-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Should be a good test for the O Line. The Bills have a very good front 4 now. They are going to play their starters for at least 1 half.

HollywoodSteel
08-23-2012, 03:27 PM
I think it was Mario Williams who destroyed Ben's shoulder for the first time a couple of years ago. I really hope big Max will be ready to go and on his game protecting that blind side.

Psycho Ward 86
08-23-2012, 06:03 PM
I think it was Mario Williams who destroyed Ben's shoulder for the first time a couple of years ago. I really hope big Max will be ready to go and on his game protecting that blind side.

at the same time i hope max doesnt reinjure himself trying so hard to block him

Count Steeler
08-23-2012, 06:26 PM
BTW, the game is sold out already. I was thinking of making a trek to Buffalo, but tickets are gone.

Buffalo is preparing as if this is a regular season game. Should be a very good first half of football.

Edman
08-23-2012, 06:52 PM
BTW, the game is sold out already. I was thinking of making a trek to Buffalo, but tickets are gone.

Buffalo is preparing as if this is a regular season game. Should be a very good first half of football.

Buffalo is preparing as if this is a regular season game but that doesn't mean the Steelers are. If the Steelers come out of this without losing a guy, it's the first victory of the (pre)season.

The Bills will amp themselves up for this because they suck and reality will set in come Week 1. Their front 4 is better, but they still have that Hack Fitzpatrick at QB.

steelpride12
08-23-2012, 07:15 PM
The 3rd preseason game is always the best test for the starters! They get the most time and reps before the regular season and it judges how close or far from being prepared, should be a damn good test for Ben and that OL.

SteelerFanInStl
08-23-2012, 09:31 PM
I hope we see a little more from the offense in this game.

steelerdude15
08-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm hoping no one gets hurt. :pray:

suitanim
08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
SOP. And if the offense looks bad, expect them to play a series or two in the second half.

86WARD
08-24-2012, 09:54 AM
This is the game where you really get a hold on what the Steelers have done in training camp and how they have progressed. The most preparation and game planning for the starters goes into this game. Can't wait...